1972 Q Convertible

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The General

Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach I (Wrecked & Sold)
72 Q Convertible (The General)
Not one of a kind.... 1 of 296. Not sure if the Luggage rack was original or dealer installed.

Plan to keep it close to original. Would like to change out to 4 Spd.

Looks like the customer ordered lots of options on this one...and it took the factory nineteen days to pull all the parts together. That's a bit unusual that it took that long. For the cars that were behind schedule most were between 1 and 7 days behind. There are only two cars that were more behind than yours that I know of, one 20 days and the other was 26 days - and both of those cars were R-codes.

Looks like the customer ordered lots of options on this one...and it took the factory nineteen days to pull all the parts together. That's a bit unusual that it took that long. For the cars that were behind schedule most were between 1 and 7 days behind. There are only two cars that were more behind than yours that I know of, one 20 days and the other was 26 days - and both of those cars were R-codes.
i HAVE

3f05q146XXX T-5 MACH 1

25 DAYS LATE

SERIALIZED 11/01/72

SCHEDULED 11/20/72

BUILT 12 /15 /72

RELEASED 12/23/72

Last edited by a moderator:
i HAVE

3f05q146XXX T-5 MACH 1

25 DAYS LATE

SERIALIZED 11/01/72

SCHEDULED 11/20/72

BUILT 12 /15 /72

RELEASED 12/23/72
Cool. Post up the Marti. I don't think we have any for a T-5 yet. Interesting the release date is also late. Usually it is the day after production. maybe they had to have enough of the Germany export cars completed together to economize the shipment - but that is pure speculation. I can block out part of the vin on it the report if you need me to.

i HAVE

3f05q146XXX T-5 MACH 1

25 DAYS LATE

SERIALIZED 11/01/72

SCHEDULED 11/20/72

BUILT 12 /15 /72

RELEASED 12/23/72
Cool. Post up the Marti. I don't think we have any for a T-5 yet. Interesting the release date is also late. Usually it is the day after production. maybe they had to have enough of the Germany export cars completed together to economize the shipment - but that is pure speculation. I can block out part of the vin on it the report if you need me to.
How about this wild fact

It was ordered on

02/12/72

How would you like to order a 72 and get a 73 - 9 months later ?

Back