• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1973 Convert for sale

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does look like a nice car. "Just inspected"...

What car dealer in their right mind would put a car on the lot for sale with 47 year old tires?

Can they even spell lawsuit?

I have the same year, color and interior. There are a few items on this car look wrong to me. It in good shape and may have been stored somewhere but it was not stored in a typical barn 

John J

Nice car for sure but several sold in past few years with way less miles for lots less money. 

I can believe it because my Mach 1 sat for 37 years in an open pole barn on dirt floor with just a car cover and looks decent. As far as tires go I have a 1950 Ford that still has it's first set of tires on it. I drove it in 1996 on July 4th. 100 miles to a car show on the original tires. If they are not in UV light last really well. It was stored on blocks so tires were not on ground and was in Buffalo, NY so not a great climate. They are still on the car today and stay pumped up.

I went to an estate sale few years ago there was a 1950 Chevrolet that had thirty something miles on it. The owners wife was sick and he had told her he was getting her a new car. So she was in bed and could not come out to see it so he parked it by the bedroom window where she could see it. She passed away and the car sat there and sank into the ground with less than forty miles on it.

The Chevy dealership in Brevard, NC had a 55 chevy that had never been off the lot but sat outside so by 1966 when they started selling all the old cars out back it was not in great shape. There were hundreds of cars from the 20's up in back of the dealership. 

People do strange things with cars especially some dealers. Jackie Jones Ford in Georgia is one. He has warehouse full of near zero miles cars. He bought 16 of the new Cobra Jet Mustang factory race cars. I think he has sold all but one at this time. Daniel Carpenter has his Fox collection and several he got from Jackie Jones with single digit miles. I have not checked lately but a Ford dealer in S.C. had a 1973 vert that has never been off the dealership lot was inside of course. Met a guy at show last year that has a Mustang II with 100 miles on it.

Nice car!  ::thumb::

Price... not so much.  I'm not sure what the right price for that car would be, but I don't think $50K is it.  I'd be all-in for anything under $30K, were I in the market.

The one thing that looks odd to me is the '71-'72 paint & stripe treatment on the front fenders-to-valance area.  In my mind, I imagined that's probably what they should've done to make that bumper look less out-of-place.  But now that I've actually seen it, I'm not so sure that would've been such a great idea.

I do like the car, though.

Would need to see the Marti on the side stripe but it does have decor group trim that was required to get the side stripe on a vert.

I went back and was looking at the pics closer. It is probably what they say. I noticed that it has the factory optional front floor mats. Most people see them and think aftermarket but not. If you ordered from factory with floor mats you got those with odd pattern not a mustang. Ford used in other models also. They look new. You did not get rear you had to order them from dealer.

The seats and door panels are pristine and you cannot get them anywhere.

It also has a leather steering wheel with no wear.

It also answers a question I had. My 73 yellow vert had a white top and when I got had a white well liner I have same interior as this car. I see the well liner is actually black. I am thinking that was only color they used do not know that.

One item I cannot identify is in the picture of the engine. Look just in front of the windshield washer just to the right of the radiator. What is that electrical box? Maybe a theft thing? Looks like some kind of relay. The PW relay is on the R.H. shock tower on the rear side so not that.

The radiator hoses are like my factory originals they do not have the markings like the Marti repos do note the original clamps. 

This car would be cheaper than trying to fix a rusty one for sure. But I do not have the cash those lottery tickets are all duds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back