1973 Convertible with just 83 miles!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This may be the first one I've seen besides mine, that doesn't have the washer fluid hose wrapped up in the wiring harness 😂

Why does the Marti say knitted vinyl seats and the seats look like a more grained vinyl that Doesn't look factory to me?

The vinyl I've seen was smoother. I didn't even know you could get sports interior with smooth vinyl centers until I bought a Mach I with it, but it had it in the trim code as such unlike this one. I think mine was GAA. The vinyl type looks wrong to me and more like a cheesy aftermarket vinyl. Maybe Ford ran out of knitted vinyl and this is what you got with no trim code change?

Standard interior on 71's and 72's were plain vinyl and so were some 73 convertibles that had 71-72 standard interior even though literature says only interior decor option was standard in 73 Convertibles which is knitted vinyl as this cars sales invoice says. With out adding another "A" to trim code as far as I know it should be knitted vinyl. Another "A" changes knitted to smooth vinyl as far I know and definitely does with the sports interior option with Mach 1's. This cars seats vinyl doesn't match the trim code and sales invoice. I'm also not familiar with plain vinyl being the same vinyl as this car has, but as earlier posted it might be late 73 type of vinyl. This car isn't really a car to drive unfortunately as the mileage and condition is it's value.

Back