1973 Ford Mustang Brochure-Ford of Venezuela Market

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They were in the U.S. also if the car was painted a non factory color they were painted argent. I have a 73 convertible and the build sheet states to install Argent bumper. The fillers in front of the rear bumper were also argent. My car had been painted but found another on eBay that was original paint pictures attached. It was not an attempt to make it look chrome just a solution for any paint issues.

Ford did not want to have to get the paint mixed for any odd colors with the additives in it for the rubber. If you got a 71 or 72 with special paint the simply deleted the rubber bumper and gave you a chrome one. That was not an option in 73 all rubber.

The thing to watch for on Special Order cars is the six digit DSO code. Marti does not have the specifics on the Special Order cars just knows if it was one. He cannot give the color it was painted just that it had special paint / trim. There were 144 1973 models of all body styles built with Special Paint / Trim and a total of 277 with just Special Paint. When I sent Marti a scan of my build sheet that was the first time he had seen the Argent Bumper before. I do find it odd that I got a copy of the Marti for this car and Marti stated 92 Special Paint / Trim on his Marti so that was odd. The different numbers came from different interiors.

Could not get the Marti to load but it is already on the site I posted couple years ago.

Neat to see a factory picture with it first time thanks for posting.

Back