1973 Grande - what front valance do I need?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is only one front valance for 73, the one without the brackets for the turn signals, and it has the notches for the bumper supports. The turn signal valance is for 71-72.

Who makes it? I wound up with a new '71-'72 front valance that is utter crap. Lighter gauge metal, wrinkles, incorrect profiles. There isn't much else that could be wrong with it. It's going to scrap - I won't let anyone use it it is so bad.

Who makes it? I wound up with a new '71-'72 front valance that is utter crap. Lighter gauge metal, wrinkles, incorrect profiles. There isn't much else that could be wrong with it. It's going to scrap - I won't let anyone use it it is so bad.

That sounds right like my rear valance... But the original ones are expensive like hell, though...

When you go to install the front valence, it will help tremendously if you already have the little brackets that hold the front of the fender underneath. Mine did not, but Don at OMS has them. Once I put them in place, it pulled the fenders in at the bottom and I was able to line up the front valence. I did have to oval the valence or the fender mounting holes out some to get the holes to line up properly and get the valence in the correct position. Good luck, for me, it was somewhat of a pain to install because I didn't have an assistant to help hold it in place when I was getting it lined up.

Tom

Do you have a pic of that bracket installed? I bought my incomplete car from a salvage yard and for what I know, that part isn’t there. All help is appreciated.

Back