1973 Mach 1 Marti Report

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Q code Mach 1 blue glow C6 auto
1973 Q code Mach 1 blue glow, 4 speed
1973 H code Convertible ivy glow, FMX
My 1973 Mustang Mach 1 was ordered very late in the 1973 model year and built on 7/5/73. The Mustang II was released the very next month. I can't imagine there was a lot of production on 1973 vehicles after this one went through. A nicely optioned car that has been in my family since 1981. It is currently undergoing a restoration - expected to be complete by August 2011. It will once again be Blue Glow!

5/11/12 Update - August 2011 came and went and the Mustang was not done. It stayed in the shop over the winter. New completion date is June 2012! Visit my garage for more photos.

4/23/13 - Mustang is completed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nicely optioned Mach 1. It was a retail order which means a customer ordered it the way they wanted it. That also meant that it was a priority for Ford to build it since it was cash in their pocket as soon as it was built & delivered.

Yours is among the last of the first.

Thanks Don. It's likely that I knew the person who originally ordered this Mustang as I am from Danville, IL. I bought the car in 1980 in Danville for $700. It had been rode pretty hard in those 7 years. It is all refreshed now except the paint. I will post pics as soon as I get it back from the shop. I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas!

I bet you are! I'm very much looking forward to seeing the blue glow. I had a gold glow torino that which was a pretty color. I like blue is even better!

That is an impressive list of options. July 5th production date! I hope the assembly line workers did not party too much the day before!!!

The Blue Glow/Argent stripe combination is one of my favorites. I think it will look great. My other favorite color is the dark green metallic with argent stripes (my high school/college car). I hope to get a convertible as my next project when the Mach 1 is done.

Back