• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1973 Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1
Well, I have come to the conclusion that old cars just are not for me.....to own that is. Hard to explain but I am sure alot of you know what I mean. I bought an 05 GT on a deal I could not pass up, and I am hooked. So, testing the waters as they say to see if someone wants to take the torch on my car.

What is new;

- All new metal

- All new steering parts

- New brakes including rear disc conversion

- new sway bars and shocks

- New rims/tires

- New exhaust (not installed yet)

- New rear bumper (not installed yet)

351 Cleveland

- Top end rebuild with New valves & springs, New Crane roller rockers, New Crane Pushrods.

- Crane Racing Cam & Cloyes double roller timing chain.

- MSD electronig ignition conversion, New Crane Racing Distributor, New Manifold,

New Edelbrock 650 Thunder Series Carburator.

- Hooker equal length Competition Headers, X-Pipe and Mandrel Bent Exhaust. (not installed)

- All suspension links, bushings, perchs, etc are all brand new

- Paint looks good but is single stage, has quite the shine in spite of that

- Interior is incomplete. Rear roll bar, have the upper and lower rear seat but not in car. Have usable Mach door panels that need to be painted correctly, new carpet, new matts, cool gauge package (autometer)

- New drake front springs (550??), new summit rear leafs

- Fuel cell (guy was going g machine, hence the roll bar)

- Camaro stripes....I didn't add them!! lol.

- New Mach 1 decal set in box

Very solid car with all of the hard work done. Needs lots of the little things and going over. I would like around $12K for the car. It runs and drives so I could load onto transport for someone, but I would not be taking it on a long trip in present state of completion. I could make an ebay auction if someone feels more comfortable than just giving me $12k (lol)

7173pic3.jpg

7173pic4.jpg

7173pic2.jpg

7173pic1.jpg

Hey Marcus, appreciate the details, however I am absolutely in love with my 05 so going to stay with that.

With that said, I will let the Mach 1 go for $10K firm. I need to spend a ton of money on the 05 for no apparent rational reason.

Good idea... I might have it sold locally. Just had a guy in my garage looking at it for an hour, I could tell he was trying to figure out why it wasn't rusty and full of bondo and still affordable lol.

Good idea... I might have it sold locally. Just had a guy in my garage looking at it for an hour, I could tell he was trying to figure out why it wasn't rusty and full of bondo and still affordable lol.
Make sure you tell him about the forum

Back