1973 MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE..SENIOR OWNED..STUNNING - $21,900 (Decatur)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd want to see it first, deal in person. No pictures, and they're shipping it to Michigan from their home in Florida to insure it goes to a good home? Doesn't make sense.
I agree. Something is off.

I would ask for customized pics (pics taken of something extremely specific that proves he has the car in his possession.

Something is definitely off. I don't know too many seniors who write using that many exclamation points either...

Craigslist is full of scammers. Fake buyers and sellers.

Well, the f/s ad did have a phone # that would have answered a few questions about the legitimacy of the car. The difference in talking to an elderly gentleman vs. someone who can barely speak English would tell allot...

I recently placed two ads on CL to sell sewing machines. Immediately someone offered full price for both items. He would make the check out for $250 more to cover freight costs to him in CA. I was instructed to give the extra $ to his agent. I just needed to send “Jevin” my name, address and he’d mail a certified check. I’d then meet his agent in person.

I looked up the address of the local cyber crimes division of the police department and had Jevin make out the check to an officer listed on the building and he mailed the check to the cyber crimes address. Jevin contacted me a few days later to inform me the check had arrived. I sent him a screenshot of the detective building, displaying “my” name and the address. Jevin apologized to me (all communications were through text) and said he wouldn’t do anything like that again. I doubt that, but what a fun way to deal with a scammer!

Well played!
... I looked up the address of the local cyber crimes division of the police department and had Jevin make out the check to an officer listed on the building and he mailed the check to the cyber crimes address. Jevin contacted me a few days later to inform me the check had arrived.

Back