• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1973 Mustang Grande

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

73MustangGrande

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Grande, 351C, FMX, coming out of 20 year sleep.
For sale is a 1973 Mustang Grande that has just been put back on the road after some minor work. Fires on all eight and pulls crazy hard. But unfortunately, the time has come that we feel we should let it go. We don't have the time or the money to put into it, and the long time dream has been felt and well enjoyed. As of right now, other than A/C everything is in working order, the car has a new gas tank and sending unit in it, a form of carpet, seats, brand new headliner, valve job, newer carburetor and intake, may have HEI distributor soon, recent tune up, and more than I can think of right now. Also comes with even more parts. As of right now, this car will get tagged and will be used as a daily to and from work, but currently does have under 75,000 original miles. Now for the bad: the driver seat is torn, the back seat could use some work, trunk is a little rusty as is the roof, but has been patched to where it does not leak water and can sit out and drive in the rain. I don't know, but if it turns into a problem, I may put new tires on it too. As of right now, if $2K was put into it, it would be a really nice looking driver. But as of right now as a running driving car with a mild built 351C, I'd be willing to let it go for $5000 OBO. Albeit rough looking, it is just that and I would trust this car to get me anywhere. I have a couple threads with pictures that I will link to, and if you want more pictures than what are posted let me know. Car is located in Palmetto, FL. You can either call Justin at 941-527-8822 or Robert at 941-962-7982 http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-mustang-grande-build

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-hello--23395

I am open to any and all offers. Please, don't feel like you'd offend me, I may accept what you want to give for it. Car will also be posted on Craigslist in the next day or two and will be in front of my or my friend's work place with a for sale sign. I just wanted to give people that are into this style of car first chance at it.

Car now has an HEI distributor installed. All it needs is a set of mirrors on it to drive it around and is the only reason the car has not done more than around the block. Although we don't really have the time or money for it, if it's around long enough, progress will continue slowly. Also, I had forgot to mention that the engine has been out to receive new freeze plugs and I inspected the bottom end while it was out and it is in perfect condition. Also has new timing chain and gears. Also now has new starter solenoid and main battery cable. Badly in need of mufflers; the ones on it are blown out on the ends and no longer seal where the pipes go in them.

IMG_0639.JPG

IMG_0584.JPG

I found some Ford Racing valve covers in the junkyard that will be going on it soon. I've been driving it around and it handles the road quite well, but does need tires. But it starts up first try in the morning and I don't need to wait for it to warm up before leaving. So far, I've put probably 50 or so miles on it and I've had it up to 70 for a couple of miles and it does very well. Although I am driving it, we are still looking to sell it, $5000 OBO.

Car still for sale. Have still not put on the Ford Racing valve covers, but have put on a new air cleaner and put on new white letter tires. 235/60/15 up front and 255/60/15 on the back mounted on a set of Cragers.

Back