1973 Mustang Mach One Fastback. 68k miles. - $7500 (Alexander City, Ala)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OLE PONY

Staff member
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Conv.
01 Mustang Bullitt (my son owns now)
04 Oxford White Mach 1
04 Azure Blue Mach 1 (sold)
This ad is too good not to preserve on here. ...stealth Mach One - yup, that is so rare it is nonexistent. The car appears to be a regular edition H-code sportsroof.

"1973 Mustang Mach One fastback. 100% original and correct with matching numbers 351 Cleveland V8 and console automatic. 54,000 "regular" Mach Ones were built--but only 4000 "generic" Mach Ones built--intended for Law Enforcement sales (as AMC was doing with the AMX Javelin for the Alabama State Troopers). This is one of these "stealth" Mach Ones. RARE! However, I have a "Q code" functional cold air hood (easily worth $2k) included with the car, and an original inflatable space saver spare tire never used in new condition. (I was offered $850 for the spare tire from a celebrity car collector for his Mach One.) My Dad bought this car from the original owned in 1975 and drove it while he was at Auburn University and put it in barn storage in 1982 while he was working out of the USA. Not cranked since that time--and was covered by a canvas tarp which ruined the original blue paint. Easy restoration on this rare Southern Mustang that has never seen road salt.

$7500 firm which includes cold air hood and inflatable spare tire. Original steel wheels and "dog dish hubcaps" and trim rings are back on the car.

Faelan Wilson

(256) 392-3989"

That's one rippin' good yarn!!!!!!

Sorry - I know many hate us talking about others' cars for sale but -

Probably a 3F02H car. I really don't think it was EVER a Mach 1 of any kind. Mirrors & hood give-away the sportsroof..

If nothing incorrect gets pointed out the untruths become considered true. Could you imagine this story growing legs?

Maybe this guy's dad spun this story. Or maybe the original owner did.

The person that did was (maybe) a carnival barker and then (maybe) that person's dad was a snake oil salesman and so on. This one just keeps getting crazier as you read it. If the seller has some serious documentation to support the claims I would be interested in reviewing.

Anyway - Just had to say it.

Ray

People watch these "reality" TV restos and thiink it can be done so easy.

Back