1973 mustang

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini3946

Reaction score
My Car
1973 mustang
Hey guys,

Just joined the forums and am looking for some help!! Looking to buy a 73 mustang. . Here's the description: 1973 Ford Mustang Fresh 460 motor auto trans.. no rust very solid mustang needs paint and fine tuning... has power windows, headers with duel exhaust. . New centerline wheels, semi slicks on back,, Power disc brakes slap shifter,,very fast car sounds amazing..trades accepted. I am curious on what questions to ask or if it is even worth it. Just curious what to look for and how much you guys will think it will go for. Thank you and hope to talk to you guys!! :D

xpzp1t.jpg

2lca4yh.jpg

3347rsh.jpg

dyzig.jpg

166zuvm.jpg

ws0heg.jpg

2055soh.jpg

ji27ig.jpg

image.jpg

Needs a lot of work, but parts are usually easy to find. I'm weary of 'track cars', but if you aren't, go for it! I probably wouldn't give more than 4K for it but that's just me. They didn't put slicks and a slap shifter and a 460 in it for leisurely strolls to the Dairy Queen....They'll probably want to recoup some of their money, at which point I would just start laughing and walk away.

You might want to post a link to ad so people can chime in a little more...

Some things that I see are...

The grill and bumper are from a 71 or 72, there is no vacuum tree on the firewall which the 73s had. The power windows on the drivers door look like 71/72 type but hard to tell for sure from pic.

The rear tail lights and gas cap are from a 73.

I would want to know a lot more as it is not clear to me what year car this really is.

Welcome,

It has a 71 or 72 front end and the power window switches are 71/72.

Post up more info as well as the Vin and we can be more useful.

Are you buying this or selling this?

You might want to post a link to ad so people can chime in a little more...

Some things that I see are...

The grill and bumper are from a 71 or 72, there is no vacuum tree on the firewall which the 73s had. The power windows on the drivers door look like 71/72 type but hard to tell for sure from pic.

The rear tail lights and gas cap are from a 73.

I would want to know a lot more as it is not clear to me what year car this really is.
those are 71/2 power window switches. My guess he'll try to tell you "all you need is....." Well I assure if ALL the clips and bezels are not there in good condition you will have HELL with them. As for the rest of the car I'm thinking 3500 and I gotta really want it to go 4000. The description was much prettier than the pic's.

Ok, grille, front bumper, (maybe fenders too but hard to tell from this angle), widow switches, missing vac tree on the firewall...... all say 71/72.

The only things 73 on thi seem to be the taillight bezels and the gas cap.

So look closely if it is a 73 with all the 71/71 mods or an actual 71/72. If it is a 71/72 check for rear damage. Might be a car that was rear ended at some time and got rebuilt with incorrect parts. Not necessarily but it might be.

Definitely check the VINs on this one carefully, not only the one on the dash board cover but also the one under the fender.

All of you guys are awesome! Thank you for all the quick posts!! I noticed the front end when I first saw it. I was gunna trade my harley for it plus him giving me cash for a trade. I search the vin and it was a invalid vin code and he's owned it for 2 years and put the semi slicks on it brand new last summer and they look no where near new.. I called him out on the front end and he had nothing to say. I'm going to sell my bike and save up for something in the fall Carlisle show. Thank you all so much again for the great help!! :)

Hey, welcome from Phoenix. Since it would be your first one I think I would avoid it and move on to the next one. Too much weirdness. Our cars are still not super popular and nice finds can be found for reasonable money. It's a coupe that needs a lot. If you can get it for 2 grand and the VIN/title are clean then it would be fun. Otherwise keep searching. (But feel free to hang out with us!)

Welcome from coastal Alabama! I'd pass on this one and buy the most complete and best condition 7123 car you can afford. You will be way ahead of the power curve and enjoy it right out of the box. A very nice car can be had for less than $20k.

Good luck.

Back