2013 hyundai genesis coupe, anyone have one?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

87fox72mach

Reaction score
My Car
1995 firebird rebuilt motor 5 spd dail driver
1987 grand wagoneer plow truck
1987 mustang lx 5.0 work custom engine bay and paint
1972 mach 1 project
looking at buying a new daily driver, im younger and have no kids so im looking at something sporty, decently priced, and fairly economical so im looking at used 2013 genesis coupes. im usually an American car guy but for the price warranty and power this car seems like a lot of fun. I looked at focus st but am not a fan of interior styling and for the price how much power it has. so I was wondering if anyone had a 2013 genesis coupe if so how do you like it?? thanks!

Alex,

Wouldn't you be better off looking at a new one ? I bet with current new car financing it could be better deal than used car loans. Good luck with it.

I have seen your daily driver, you could use a new one !!!

Thanks, Jay

My brother used to have a super nice Gen 2 SHO.

Bought a new, loaded '07(?) Mazda 6 to replace it. It's flat out rips, and gets 31mpg on a cruise, no problemo.

Has had great luck with it.

Car is kinda parallel to my (now sold) '02 BMW 530i, with probably a bit more power.

Looked at the Genesis and Lancer Evo to replace the 6. He was less than impressed with both of them. Claimed they were not as ballsy as advertised, especially for the money.

Ended up getting a loaded '10 Flex AWD with the Ecoboost a few months ago. He's happy so far.

Still has the 6, too, although the rear wheel arches are getting rust blisters between the spot welds.

I glanced at those ST Foci, too. Thirty G's is a WHOLE lot to spend on a new compact car, with a stick!

Insane, just insane.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the input and Jay That car has been good to me lol!!! And Yea focus only 252 h p for 30 k. They gotta make it more competitive. I think I'm lookin at v 6 genesis. Subaru are nice but so expensive used

Subarus are expensive used because they last forever... I bought each one of my daughters a Forrester for their 16th birthday, with the understanding that they have to keep it for at least ten years. That would get you through college and even medical school following that before you would even need to start thinking about the expense of a newer car.

I can't say enough good things about the Subaru powertrain

How about a 2011 Ford Mustang V6? Gets great gas economy, 305hp, and maybe safer overall.

Rich

I'm a fan of Hyundai. They've ramped up the quality and are quite good now. I also like Subaru, Honda, Toyota, Volvo and VW for dependability. Each has their quarks.

The mustang idea is a good one.

I'm a fan of Hyundai. They've ramped up the quality and are quite good now. I also like Subaru, Honda, Toyota, Volvo and VW for dependability. Each has their quarks.

The mustang idea is a good one.
The VW Touareg, although not cheap, is an amazing vehicle.

7,700 lb towing capacity, even with a V6. It and it's cousins from Porsche and Audi are all impressive. But the VW is the leaset expensive of them all, and IMO, is the better of the three.

The mustang is a good option. Just not a huge fan of the interior. Also I feel if I'm goin to buy a mustang i'd get a v 8 since It's meant to be a muscle car.

The 2000 VW Golf had 360,000 miles on it when I sold it to my bro-in-law. He's still driving it. I replaced it with a used Volvo V70 wagon that runs as good as any new car. My next daily driver car will probably be a Subaru Outback.

I put a lot of miles on the cars I drive with my work so mpgs, comfortable seats and dependability are all of very high importance when I'm headed 600 miles out from the house.

The 2000 VW Golf had 360,000 miles on it when I sold it to my bro-in-law. He's still driving it. I replaced it with a used Volvo V70 wagon that runs as good as any new car. My next daily driver car will probably be a Subaru Outback.

I put a lot of miles on the cars I drive with my work so mpgs, comfortable seats and dependability are all of very high importance when I'm headed 600 miles out from the house.
For an all around dependable go anywhere at anytime family car for the price, the Subaru Outback can't be beat. It'll probably be our next new car.

Subarus have a great reputations the 2015 w r x is meant to have a six speed trans which Will inks with fuel economy

Latest posts

Back