2015 test drive

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the eco boosts are pretty fun, I just upgraded a turbo on one in the shop this week. waiting on an intercooler and I can button it up. It will prob max the direct injection since there is not really any options to put more fuel in the motor unless you run a second set of injectors.

I'm still enjoying it. They're really fun cars to drive. We're at that time of year when there are not many students on campus and so I'm switching between the two.

I'm just now starting to think about mods. I spend most of my time and $$ on the old one.
01aeb3e25f2cf814f7224a8b4844e587.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it WAS fun to drive. A punk ran a red light and this is what happened.
6e8d4033dd01c1348f5839773e02cf91.jpg

Probably totaled. Waiting for the adjuster to come out, but it'll be close.

Wow. That sucks. That is what makes me nervous every time I take the car out.

A lady I worked with said, "well at least it wasn't your girlfriend " meaning the 71. True... I would probably be in a psyc ward.

Totalled? But it looks very repairable. Surely it will be fixed out of insurance?
Quick answer is yes it is repairable but they base it on repair costs to cash value.

Waiting for the adjuster to come out but the estimate from the shop (same one I use for the 71) is just shy of 12k. That's 73% of its total value and so it will be close.

Wow, glad everyone ok. What did it do twist the chassis and move it to drivers side? Did it blow air bags they get expensive. I fixed my 20th. ann when X pulled in front of a Cadillac and it was moved 4" to the left. If they do total see what the insurance company will let you have it for. I need a daily driver and been watching insurance yard here.

Was also looking at the old part of post. My son and I went to get him a new F-150 Super Crew a few months ago. When we looked at and drove the Eco Boost the sticker said same mileage as the V-8 so we both agreed the V-8 was the better choice. The boost had 10 speed and 8 has 6 speed auto. We both felt the 8 was better. That is a truck not a car.

Wow, glad everyone ok. What did it do twist the chassis and move it to drivers side? Did it blow air bags they get expensive. I fixed my 20th. ann when X pulled in front of a Cadillac and it was moved 4" to the left. If they do total see what the insurance company will let you have it for. I need a daily driver and been watching insurance yard here.

Was also looking at the old part of post. My son and I went to get him a new F-150 Super Crew a few months ago. When we looked at and drove the Eco Boost the sticker said same mileage as the V-8 so we both agreed the V-8 was the better choice. The boost had 10 speed and 8 has 6 speed auto. We both felt the 8 was better. That is a truck not a car.

It blew the knee airbag. It's not really that expensive (3-400) in the grand scheme of things. It doesn't blow a panel like other locations.

According to the estimate sheet, I don't see any cost associated with the body twisting. Diver fender, door repair, hood replacement, front bumper and everything associated w it, radiator support, paint, etc. Parts total was around 5k and the rest was labor.

I would be happy either way as long as they pay off the note. According to the cash value, it should be close. I love the car and so would be happy if they fixed it. Actually, with the bumper off, I have a few mods I would like to do.

I'll let you know what they tell me. The car still ran well as I drove it off the road.

It blew the knee airbag. It's not really that expensive (3-400) in the grand scheme of things. It doesn't blow a panel like other locations.

According to the estimate sheet, I don't see any cost associated with the body twisting. Diver fender, door repair, hood replacement, front bumper and everything associated w it, radiator support, paint, etc. Parts total was around 5k and the rest was labor.

I would be happy either way as long as they pay off the note. According to the cash value, it should be close. I love the car and so would be happy if they fixed it. Actually, with the bumper off, I have a few mods I would like to do.

I'll let you know what they tell me. The car still ran well as I drove it off the road.

I would make sure they put on frame machine and make sure it is still right. Equal and opposite reaction comes into play here. Something had to move.

I was at insurance yard once and there was a new mustang there with 300 miles on it. The passanger door was inside the car and the rocker box was bent where the car got hit in the door. I made a list of what it would take to fix. Went to the Ford dealer and had the parts guy going to look up the prices. He looked at me funny and said "this is not a car in the insurance yard is it?" I told him yes and he laughed and said to no buy it. The local Chevy dealer was doing the body work had it on frame machine and the new guy got to over zealous. He literally tore the floor pan in half under the car where I could not see the welds and they had to total it.

The airbags today total lots of cars with very minimal damage. They tear the interior apart when the all go. I have heard of sun roofs blowing out when they deploy.

I would make sure they put on frame machine and make sure it is still right. Equal and opposite reaction comes into play here. Something had to move.

I was at insurance yard once and there was a new mustang there with 300 miles on it. The passanger door was inside the car and the rocker box was bent where the car got hit in the door. I made a list of what it would take to fix. Went to the Ford dealer and had the parts guy going to look up the prices. He looked at me funny and said "this is not a car in the insurance yard is it?" I told him yes and he laughed and said to no buy it. The local Chevy dealer was doing the body work had it on frame machine and the new guy got to over zealous. He literally tore the floor pan in half under the car where I could not see the welds and they had to total it.

The airbags today total lots of cars with very minimal damage. They tear the interior apart when the all go. I have heard of sun roofs blowing out when they deploy.

If they decide to fix it, the shop has already said they would put it on a frame machine and check. I received a very short email from insurance saying the shop over estimated by 4K according to the adjuster. This is a very reliable shop and so I've asked for the adjuster paperwork to compare.

BTW. Has anyone ever used https://www.oemfordpart.com

The panel for the air bag should be reusable. It literally just popped the panel down. I was surprised.

Well they called on Friday and decided it was a total loss. We're still working out the details but in the mean time I took advantage of the end of model year specials.

Here's my new 2017 Ecoboost Premium with Pony (California special in 2016) package. I picked her up at 8pm so I've not had much time yet but so far I'm impressed.

e84baf9b969900448a91b7c00cbd8a09.jpg
f04cc690280826e37ed402af18098f58.jpg
84441c5c81bd0e020566aeb86ddbff6f.jpg
53264e01c0e868456d27f4577f380ee4.jpg
317451718d5a3cdb988dd63f44807950.jpg
ae648aa1dc7235785dfaa538d8d3fbcb.jpg
79fa06b461ba9757e627623d93035212.jpg
2b9f34df9b9366657b30d7278e6f8cf0.jpg

That is amazing to total with so little damage showing.

You do have a new car now. Did they say if you could but the old one or does it go to auction yard as most do?

Texas and maybe soon Florida will be loaded with flood damaged cars that have great body parts to fix a car like yours with.

That is amazing to total with so little damage showing.

You do have a new car now. Did they say if you could but the old one or does it go to auction yard as most do?

Texas and maybe soon Florida will be loaded with flood damaged cars that have great body parts to fix a car like yours with.

That's true about parts. I've asked for them to give me the cash value and the amount they will give me if I keep the car. It will depend on how the numbers run as to whether I take either offer.

They trying to get me to release the car but I've refused until we have an agreement in place.

Back