24 years 7 months

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mustang Mach 1
72 Mustang Mach 1 (parts car)
Well I did it. I almost can't believe I did it. I sold my 89 GT after 24+ years. I bought the car new when I was just 19 years old. It was a great car. Hands down the best car I ever owned. I pounded the crap out the car for years and it never let me down not once,Ever!! I will be honest I'm a little sad but I know to move forward on making my Mach 1 Bad Ass it had to go.:s The car is going to a good home. A young couple from the OC bought it and it's going to be their hobby car. Apparently they bought a 88 GT that was heavily modified and to hard to keep running so they parted out. They realized they wanted a nice driver and my car was just that. Anyway I'm sure I will miss it but the Mach 1 is where my head is at.:cool:

Gt 015.jpg

Having seen that car I would say that couple got a good deal.

I considered it for myself for while but shipping it over here would have driven the price too high for that kinda car, unfortunately.

Great looking foxbody. I've always liked the two tone style.

Did you get visitation rights! :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Damn, I wish I could have convinced you not to sell it. You are NEVER going to forget about that car, or stop regretting that you sold it. However much money you got for it will soon be spent and long forgotten, but you will still think of that car you had for 24 years previously.

There are a few times over the years I tried to sell my car, and no one came up with the money for it...and I wasn't asking a lot, either. I am so, so happy that I never sold it. I can't imagine how depressed I would be if I did.

Good luck on your new prohect!

Mike, I am sad you had to sell such a nice fox body! But I understand seen as the money will go towards your Bad Ass Mach! On a different note, PM me about that hood, I am ready to buy it!

...bring on the bad ass Mach! T minus 365 days til completion.
Tom,you mean more like 965 days til completion.:D

Damn, I wish I could have convinced you not to sell it. You are NEVER going to forget about that car, or stop regretting that you sold it. However much money you got for it will soon be spent and long forgotten, but you will still think of that car you had for 24 years previously.

There are a few times over the years I tried to sell my car, and no one came up with the money for it...and I wasn't asking a lot, either. I am so, so happy that I never sold it. I can't imagine how depressed I would be if I did.

Good luck on your new prohect!
Believe me Kit, I gave the hole regret thing allot of thought. I think I'm OK with my decision.I didn't need to sell the car, I just felt it was time to move on. I did get top dollar for the car so that helps. Will see time will tell.:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back