289/302 Power Steering Pump Brackets Needed

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
-Former 70 & 72 Mustang coupes owner.
-69 Torino GT, Formal Roof, 351W, Edelbrock 600 cfm, dual plane high rise intake, long tube headers, AOD trans, dual flowmasters, Pertronix II Billet, 3.5 TRACLOC g/r, 15" Magnum 500s, 100A alt, mini-starter
-70 Mach 1, 351W, FMX
Gurus,

My 72's 289 Power Steering Pump is cracked and it needs to be replaced. I have my old PS pump from my 250 engine and I'm thinking it should work fine. Problem being I don't have the 2 brackets and spacers required to mount it. I believe a standard 302 setup will work fine on the 66 289 especially since I didn't change any of the hoses. Please advise if I'm wrong.

Since there are several folks on here that have upgraded to various monstrous engines and have spare parts like myself, does anyone have the mounting bracket and cradle bracket available? I'll pay shipping plus a reasonable cost or pay it forward as I've done a few times. My zip code is 22554.

Attached are pics of my 72's original I6 PS pump and the current 289 PS pump.

KR

IMG_20130609_225210.jpg

IMG_20130609_225145.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pulley looks way off VS V8 ones

If you don't find it for free email me I sell pumps with pullies and brackets

Don

Don
Awesome. Thanks for the replies Gentlemen. Auron had a bracket available, hopefully I don't need the whole set up. I'll let you know what we work out.

Don
Don,

Can you give me a little more fidelity on the comment that the pulley looks way off?

KR

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back