295/50-15 on 8x10 with 6" or 6.5 back space

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

td71mach1

Slow down for a second and that's where you Finish
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach1, 351 4v
It appears the "Go To" rear wheel size for a 295/50-15 is 15x10 with 5.5" back spacing.
Which I'm totally fine with, but...

I'd like the option to consider a 6" or maybe 6.5" for some extra fender clearance for lowering if possible as long as I wont have
any clearance issues to the inner wheel house, springs, sway bar, ect...
Selections are certainly slimmer with a 6 or 6.5 back space, but I'd be willing to wait if I find the right wheel and fit.

Anybody with some first hand experience with using these back spacings?
Pictures would be great if you have any.
Thanks everyone for your help! I'm still new to this car and this site but I'm learning fast from the wealth of info provided here.
Tony

Not the same tire diameter as your question, but I use 18x10 w/6.5" BS with 295/35-18. I have no clearance issues. Granted that I use a 1/4" spacer so it is more like a 6.25" BS. It is easier to get a larger backspacing since you can fine tune it with spacers as long as your studs are long enough.

Thanks for that info tony-muscle, tire calculator show our tires are exactly the same width with the 15" being only .5" taller than your 18". Very interesting, seems there definitely hope for a 6"

btw, love you track videos! Do you have them all posted somewhere on YouTube for all us fans to see?
or maybe a page with multiple links of your track videos?
Tire comparison.jpg

btw, love you track videos! Do you have them all posted somewhere on YouTube for all us fans to see?
or maybe a page with multiple links of your track videos?
LOL.... I am not so much into having YouTube channels and so, but maybe I can think about posting videos. I have to get better at charging my phone and being able to record videos :unsure: I will make that a point this year.

Back