3.25 Traction Loc issue in curves and corners.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m putting her back together tonight! Since I don’t want to do this job again. The plan is to put on the new copper washers with a new gasket and a light film of black or gray RTV on each side of the gasket. Does this sound like a good plan? Or is it better just to put the gasket on dry?
I think my "guy' just used the gasket as I didn't see any sign of sealant. If you do want to used a sealant, my choice would be "The Right Stuff" from Permatex. It ain't cheap, but will never leak. I think you can buy it in a tube in the US. 

Hopefully you bought Ford friction modifier from a dealership's parts dept. It stinks to high heaven, so don't get any on you. Add it before the gear lube. Rotate the axles by hand a few times to get it all through the cogs. I mentioned before to put the bottles in HOT water to warm up the oil or you'll be there all night. Good luck.

I’m putting her back together tonight! Since I don’t want to do this job again. The plan is to put on the new copper washers with a new gasket and a light film of black or gray RTV on each side of the gasket. Does this sound like a good plan? Or is it better just to put the gasket on dry?
I use this stuff. It works great

https://www.autozone.com/sealants-glues-adhesives-and-tape/sealant/permatex-indian-head-gasket-shellac-2oz/526723_0_0?spps.s=6386&cmpid=LIA:US:EN:AD:NL:1000000:pER:71700000060527801&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9YHrtbaE7AIVEODICh0obQv_EAQYASABEgKD3PD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I use Permatex Gear Oil gasket maker PN 81182. It resists break down from gear oil chemical contents as well as friction modifier chemical contents. Follow the instructions. Chuck

I got the friction modifier from Ford and went 7 places before I found the copper washers. A felpro gasket with a thin coating of 81182 on both sides seamed to work good. I Just got back from a long test run. Problem solved! Thanks everyone. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back