3 point seat belts

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1, M code, 4 speed.
They look identical to the kits from Seatbelt Solutions. NOTE, in the pictures, these both show what is known as a long "C" bracket. This is what I was referring to before and bolts directly behind the retractor, so no other drilling required. I will say if anyone buys a set without the long "C" bracket, send 'em back to where you got them.

Mister 4x4

Too Big to Sneak
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
If you look at the Installation Instructions on the CJPP pages, you'll find that they are indeed Seatbelt Solutions kits. I do find it laughable that whomever made their installation instruction pamphlets used model kits as the example vehicles on the pamphlet covers: the red convertible is a die-cast model, and the blue one is a Remote Control car. But, the kit I got installed easily and works great!

giantpune

Reaction score
I ordered those when @Mister 4x4 posted the link. They just came in today, and they are indeed seatbeltsolutions. Which is nice. The 3pt belts I put in my mom's chevelle last year were from the same company, and my C10 a few years back. They are all working fine.

The kit comes with hardware to install in convertibles. The instructions on the company's website show how they go in.

There's a set of studs that mount here through the wall back behind the rear seats that act as the mount point.
1649954847977.png

EDIT -
Welp, crap. Upon closer inspection, it seems like CJPony sent me out some returned items. The little lips that keep the plastic cover closed are all broken off. I sent photos in to CJ pony and they are sending out replacements and the dude said keep these. They dont need them back cause they can't resell them. Looks like I'll have a spare set. :p

Last edited:
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Base Convertible 302
Any thoughts on the strength of the new mounting points? I can't tell from the photos if this is a two part belt with lap belts and a separate shoulder belt that latches to the lap buckle or the lap and shoulder belt are one piece. Not sure if I am being clear. The company does say that they test them to federal standards, but the attachment to the floor pan appears weak to me. We are about to pull out carpet, so I will look for a Ford reinforced attachment point. It looks a lot easier than building a roll bar with belt attachment points and leaves the rear sear far more usable. Thanks for posting!