302 Valve covers O.E.M Real or not?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

machattack

Reaction score
My Car
1971 mustang mach 1 351c 4v auto fmx
1968 mustang gt 302 4v 4 speed
Help :) 

I have a 1968 302 4v j code mustang. I need to replace the valve covers as mine are dented. I ran across this set in town and need your opinion if they are actually O.E or not?  Seller says they are O.E.    I don't have a clue even after extensive internet searches?

Thanks for your help!! 

alum Powered by ford valve covers.jpg

Those are early 80's carbureted 5.0 HO valve covers from a Mustang or Capri. IIRC, they were 83-85, and discontinued for the shorter, smooth top cover when they switched to EFI. 

Thanks for your knowledge! I appreciate the answer.  Hemi killer did the 68 4v 302 come with just standard blue covers? Or blue with powered by ford on them? 

Thank you Hemi killer for digging up that literature. It certainly covered virtually all questions I had. 

Now the hunt is on........... :) 

There may have been plant specific differences in the valve covers. I had a 52K mile California Special, built at San Jose, Ca., and the valve covers were "Powered by Ford" but didn't have the plug wire brackets on them. The car had been sitting parked since 1979 when I bought it in 2003.

Steve

cs37.jpg

cs38.jpg

Back