351 C Looking for finned aluminum valve covers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Sheriff41 , nice pieces, love them!
Do you know if there is a polished version somewhere?

I'm about to buy a new set as my good 'ol chinese cheapo chrome ones are starting to show age (and rust).
I was thinking of buying these aluminium fabricated ones, affordable.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/285063965969
Then saw these, more than the double price, but dang it, I cannot unsee them, so pretty! :O
https://www.ansenvalvecovers.com/co...ucts/ford-351-cleveland-valve-covers-polished
The covers are made by Ansen Valve Covers in California. They are the manufacturer of the original Boss 302/351 valve covers. If you go to their website www.ansenvalvecovers.com you can see what they offer and they do have some polished styles. You can also contact them if you have a special request.

I may be in the market for some replacement valve covers here in the near future. Can somebody clarify what sort of PCV and oil cap setup goes on those ansen ones? And does it make much of a difference for clearance under the hood? Will I be cussing at the big valve covers when I need to mess with stuff like spark plugs, headers, or power steering?

@Sheriff41 , yes, that's the url I pasted... beautiful parts. I'm gonna hurt piggy soon! :D
Yep, the less expensive ones listed on ebay are Ansen unfinished valve covers. The finished ones are more expensive but unless you're going to paint or powder coat them it may be worth the extra expense.

I may be in the market for some replacement valve covers here in the near future. Can somebody clarify what sort of PCV and oil cap setup goes on those ansen ones? And does it make much of a difference for clearance under the hood? Will I be cussing at the big valve covers when I need to mess with stuff like spark plugs, headers, or power steering?
If you cut the openings like the originals you can use the original Autolite oil filler/breather caps. Oil filler cap with PCV on the driver's side, breather with tube to the crankcase emissions filter in the air filter housing.
1686861078534.png
From @tpj71mach build thread - shows the caps
1686861665727.png

Last edited:
The current ones have just a hole for a grommet and push-in breather cap. You could notch them for the factory caps but the factory covers have stops cast into the bottom so the cap can only turn so far.

1686924407258.png

Back