351 c starting issues

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now throw that Pertronix as far into the nearest lake as you can manage, or get your money back ;)

FWIW, the Duraspark system is dirt cheap, nearly the equal of any "performance" ignition, and stone reliable.

Now throw that Pertronix as far into the nearest lake as you can manage, or get your money back ;)

FWIW, the Duraspark system is dirt cheap, nearly the equal of any "performance" ignition, and stone reliable.
Proves what I've been saying for a few years. kc needs to send it back, with the videos, to PerTronix and COMPLAIN as loud as possible about the crap quality of the Ignitor III Ford model. They sent me an Ignitor II with coil and I've had zero issues with that set-up since.

Best advice is COMPLAIN, COMPLAIN! maybe then it will convince them to redesign it. I bet if he looks, there will be contact marks on the pick-up where it has rubbed on the cam and shorted out and that's why the engine won't run. A constant .030" air gap is essential for it to run.

Pertonix Positive!   30 month warranty, so I get all my money back.  Thanks for the support!.  Ready to move on now.

kcmash

Pertonix Positive!   30 month warranty, so I get all my money back.  Thanks for the support!.  Ready to move on now.

kcmash
 Good for you getting to the bottom of the issue.

DuraSpark or Pertronix Ignitor  II and you won't have to worry about points again.

Make sure Pertronix know about your problems.

Geoff.

Back