351 Ram Air Air Cleaner Decal

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manyo

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1
Hello All,

Anyone know for certain what the air cleaner decal should look like for 71 351 Ram Air? I added the ram air.

thank you in advance!!

Hello All,

Anyone know for certain what the air cleaner decal should look like for 71 351 Ram Air? I added the ram air.

thank you in advance!!
The 71-73 ram air setup does not have a decal on the air cleaner lid. The decals are on the hood. Either a 351 ram air or 429 ram air decal in black or argent is used.

Mac

Hello All,

thank you in advance!!
The 71-73 ram air setup does not have a decal on the air cleaner lid. The decals are on the hood. Either a 351 ram air or 429 ram air decal in black or argent is used.

Mac
No kidding? Thanks!

Mac is correct. The air cleaner lid on the ram air cars did not have a decal. I have two ram air set ups, One I bought new from Ford and one I bought from a friend who totaled his 71 "M" Mach 1 with factory ram air. Neither had any sort of a decal on the air cleaner lid. What you see most people using is the decal from a 69/70 Shelby GT 350. Unless you're going to Concours show your car I would run what ever you like. Even though there is a "Ram Air" decal for the hood, the air cleaner lid does look like it is missing something.

Mac is correct. The air cleaner lid on the ram air cars did not have a decal. I have two ram air set ups, One I bought new from Ford and one I bought from a friend who totaled his 71 "M" Mach 1 with factory ram air. Neither had any sort of a decal on the air cleaner lid. What you see most people using is the decal from a 69/70 Shelby GT 350. Unless you're going to Concours show your car I would run what ever you like. Even though there is a "Ram Air" decal for the hood, the air cleaner lid does look like it is missing something.
Yeah. I didn't go concours so I used the Shelby decal. Kind of makes it look like it should have been there in the first place.

IMG_0420.JPG

IMG_0424.JPG

John - you car looks good.

Good info guys!

To add a little more - on the hoods - the Boss 351's only used the "RAM AIR" part. Ford designers felt it redundant since the decals on the fenders and trunk already said "BOSS 351".

No others should have just the "RAM AIR" stickers.

Many over-restored Boss 351's have this incorrect in using the "351 RAM AIR" stickers!

Ray

John - you car looks good.

Good info guys!

To add a little more - on the hoods - the Boss 351's only used the "RAM AIR" part. Ford designers felt it redundant since the decals on the fenders and trunk already said "BOSS 351".

No others should have just the "RAM AIR" stickers.

Many over-restored Boss 351's have this incorrect in using the "351 RAM AIR" stickers!

Ray
Good point Ray.

Back