383C stroker clearance

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TEXANOW

Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Convert
73 Cougar Convert
Building a 383C stroker with the 3.75 scat kit.  it uses the 6.125 H beam rods with the 14212 Probe pistons.  It will be going on a 73 4 bolt oem block.  I believe it will be a drop in kit.  Does anyone have any experience with this combo as to clearance issues?  Is a small base circle cam required for clearance with the rod bolts.  Thanks!

I’m rebuilding one as well.

I have a eagle forged 3.750 crank and scat H-Beam 6.100 rods. We just ordered new racetek pistons as I had one damaged by a roller lifter failure.

It was in the already in a 4bolt block and did fine, I don’t think it was clearanced anywhere.

I’ve got a new standard bore 4 bolt block we just bored to 4.020 for the new build.

I’ll PM you my cell, feel free to reach out. Would like to hear what you are doing for heads, intake, cam etc.

Just decided after Flow bench testing using the previous heavily ported 4v epoxied heads vs a set of B302 heads I have.

Im going with a ford Motorsports Torker style hi port intake since my heads are already epoxied.

I think I’m letting BRENT Lykin at Lykins spec out a billet Comp cams for me...

I’ve got a new set of Lunati roller lifters I’m planning on using.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just getting started on this.  It will be a 73 cougar convertible with the 71-72 front end, red/white leather.  planning on selling when I finish.  I have a 70 Mach 1 428CJ numbers matching that I ordered July of 69.  That will be my keeper.  Closed quench 4V iron heads from a 70, probably an edelbrock Air Gap with some kind of engineered Ram Air.  A fairly mild Hydraulic Roller for the street, A C6 with about 2200-2500 stall, 3.89 gear in back.  details are still coming though.

Where are you in Texas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here also 406C no clearance issues except oil pan but this won't be a problem with a 383 or 393
Sounds like the consensus seems to be in my favor with no clearance issues so far.  I was hoping for a simple drop in fit for the rotating assy with no problems with interference anywhere, including the cam.  Seems like there is interference with some combos though.  Do any of you guys have an approximate price for modifying the heads for studs and guide plates?  I am located a little southwest of Fort Worth Texas in a little town called Granbury.  I am a retired pilot with a little grease under my fingernails and occasionally I mix up a little bondo and straighten a fender or two!

Same here also 406C no clearance issues except oil pan but this won't be a problem with a 383 or 393
Did you have issues with your stock pan??  I am running a 408 with stock pan without any issues.
Didn't use the stock pan as it was damaged plus wanted a bit extra capacity

Most of the aftermarket pans, including one I had purchased, say only for 383/393 so I ended up with a Kevko pan

Back