3D Mesh for us to work on.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1
download link near the bottom.
3dmesh.jpg

I dl'd this for free so I'm assuming that the user on some 3D forum who created it and uploaded it obviously has no qualms with others playing around with it.

It requires Google's Sketchup 8 (free dl)

(or the pro ver if you know where to look:dodgy:)

As a previous user of 3D studio, I know Sketchup isn't the most brilliant or established 3D creating software, but beggars can't be choosers and we have a model that is almost complete.

I want us to try and detail it further. As you zoom in, you can see the flat areas on sections where not enough nodes were used for eg: tires, wheels, etc. Let's all try to make this the ultimate detail model of a 7173 fastback. (ok, 71 for now).

The best way to get comfortable is to just install the software and become a little familiar with it. Still not sure how we can make this a unified affair when more than one person is making changes on his own pc. Maybe we just change colors, mods, etc to personalise it and show.

Being an open source person, all I ask is that if you do make mods, feel happy about sharing them so we can all benefit.

Ultimately, we will eventually have it to such detail that we can refer to it in posts, eg: zoom right in to eg: gauges, show exploded view of parts, etc. But there is a lot of work to be done still, especially the inside.

Oh, well, anything which keeps us off the streets has to be a good thing, right? hehe

I have uploaded it to my private webspace for safekeeping.

Just click here to dl a copy for yourselves. 100% virus free and genuine.

cheers...

Back