3rd time a charm?????

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 dark green
after trying to find a shop to do some work on my '72 finally dropped her off at one today. When I first got it 2 years ago I brought it to a local shop for some work. Replacing the battery apron which had rusted thru and some brake work. Before I brought it there I damaged the hood with some sandpaper so they said they would paint 1/2 the hood. They did so but also just painted right over 3 chips 6 inches from where I did my damage, not even trying to sand those chips down. Strike 1 for that shop. Next a few months later I wanted to replace all the glass, did all the side glass myself but had a hard time finding a shop to do front and back. Finally found "Rusty Classic Restorations" who would do it. Dropped it off with front and back glass and a full bag of new clips. When I picked it up they said "we could not get the top back window SS trim to seat". Looking at it I said "it is because you did not put 2 clips in'. How could a shop return something not completed I will never understand? But I picked it up, strike 2. The best way to fix that would be to pull the glass and put in the clips however I just JB welded them in and the trim sits nice and even now.

Sooooooooooooo for the past 1 1/2 years I have been trying to find a shop to replace the front crossmember which is damaged and do more brake work, tune up a/c, etc. After interviewing a few shops I think I found one, hopefully the 3rd time will be a charm. https://sixescustom.com/

Attachments

• m1 drop off at sixes1.jpg
    m1 drop off at sixes1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • m1 drop off at sixes3.jpg
    m1 drop off at sixes3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
  • m1 drop off at sixes2.jpg
    m1 drop off at sixes2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • m1 drop off at sixes4.jpg
    m1 drop off at sixes4.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
That is exactly the reason why I keep trying to learn to do everything myself. Most of the shops out there have no idea what they are doing, or they are just too lazy to do it correctly. It really irks me when I pay good money and get a half ass job, or worse. I used to have a really decent paint guy when I lived in Florida, but the guy got hooked on drugs and lost his business. I also used to have a good mechanic there for things that I just did not have either the expertise or the tools to do it, but now that I am in Texas I have no one here :-(

As above, it's hard to find good mechanics now days that can work on our cars without an obd tester to tell them what's wrong. I had an older mechanic I know tell me that if the mechanic you are talking to is under 45 to move on and find someone else. Good luck and I hope they get you taken care of.

Dig your color combo... : )
I almost went metallic blue /argent , but the green just talks to me.

Attachments

• AA MUSTANG SUMMER 2016.jpg
    AA MUSTANG SUMMER 2016.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 10
Back