4 post lift purchase

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse)
67 GT S-Code 4sp
I have wanted a lift for years. When I built the garage in 2003 I left one of the bays with 20 feet to the ceiling for that specific reason.  I have always looked, but prioritized the money to other things.  Back in 2017 I went to the MCA Grand National in Kansas City and they had a lift for Thoroughbred judging.  Spent a good amount of time looking it over and I was impressed by the construction and safety features.  He had a really good price on them, but again money was prioritized for other things.  I finally decided 2018 was the year to get a lift.  I called the salesperson up and asked what shows he had planned for 2018 and he mentioned Barrett-Jackson. I luckily had one tickets at Kansas City for another bucket list item of mine to attend Barret-Jackson.  We agreed to talk there.  When I found their display I noted the price had increased several hundred dollars and decided well, maybe 2018 was not the year.  I eventually found Tom and I mentioned we had met in Kansas City and that I had convinced myself the 2017 price worked for me, but the new price had gone over my budget.  He recalled the price he quoted in Kansas City and said he could honor that same price still.  At that point the deal was done.  I picked up the lift in the beginning of February and a freight terminal here in Memphis.  I have a lot of stuff spread all over the car garage so I need to do some straightening.  The lift still sits in my car trailer at the storage lot and hopefully I will get it assembled soon.  For now I would recommend the Advantage Lifts based upon my research and the sales interaction.  Some may know of the Backyard Buddy lift that originally caught my attention years ago.  The price is significantly more which kept me away from it. I was very impressed with the design and safety features of the Advantage Lift and the price is almost half of the Backyard Buddy. It is still made overseas, but I feel the quality is not typical of the imports.  Anyhow, someday I will get it setup, until then here is a sales picture and their website link  

Advantage Lifts:

https://www.advantagelifts.us/

Advantage Lift.jpg

Jealous! I'll need a bigger garage before getting a lift. I've been laying underneath my 73 this week changing trans fluid, new u-joints, tail shaft seal, and trying to find a phantom rattle.

That looks like the lift I have as well, but mine is made by DirectLift. I've had it for about a dozen years and have never had a problem with it. I use it for car storage when I'm not using it to work on something.

Steve

I think those are made by one manufacturer for several companies. Mine is from Twin Busch, a renowned German brand so it comes in their colors but looking at the picture it is exactly the same down to the system for lifting it up and moving it around.

And I've seen it in different colors too, so I guess that was yet another brand but the lift was exactly the same.

Maybe the hydraulic cylinder is different but that's it.

It great for parking cars for longer periods of time. My Mustang spends the winter months up there while my daily driver is parked underneath.

I bought a Bend Pak 10 k pound 2 post asymmetrical lift for the home garage 3 years ago. It cost $2800 for the lift and $700 for the install. Having the professionals install it is advised. I just did the wiring as I did with the rest of the garage. I have had no issues with it and I have used it a bunch on my own and other peoples cars. The Mustang is a little dusty in this picture. 

Ron

Looks similar to mine that I bought a few years ago. Don't know how I lived without it.

H7nTZdf.jpg

Did the install this past weekend. My soul feels good thinking about less time laying on my back. Thinking it also will be a lot easier to do pre-show prep. Which better better get going soon before the Georgia on my Mind MCA show Memorial weekend.

F901009B-9843-44A1-9C94-311CF9ABBD41.jpeg

61CE717E-CF4A-4575-AECB-FC585901723F.jpeg

F30FFADE-1373-40F4-99D8-A7DD77EAADE8.jpeg

48B1D172-505D-4672-AE47-8D03CCF72BF6.jpeg

Very nice. I am wiring the new shop this weekend so I am hoping to have my two post lift installed in about two weeks. Just curious what the deciding factor was for you to go with the 4 post over the 2 post style?

For me it was not having my suspension hang when stored. With my included jack I have had zero issues working off the lift when needed. I removed my old and installed my new SoT front coilover system with zero issues with regard to lift choice. If I were looking away from storage and more towards working on multiple car suspensions I would have opted for a two post.

Did the install this past weekend. My soul feels good thinking about less time laying on my back. Thinking it also will be a lot easier to do pre-show prep. Which better better get going soon before the Georgia on my Mind MCA show Memorial weekend.

[attachment=47107]

[attachment=47108]

[attachment=47109]

[attachment=47110]

BendPak 9000 4 post portable around the shop on casters if needed. Both kinds have their advantages. Remember not to let your suspension droop on these cars as it is rough on the shocks. Ford made a tool for this, which is just about impossible to find. I made my own out of desperation.  My only suggestion would to be buy american if you can.   Ed   71 vert 429

You may buy an American brand but you will surely get a lift from some unknown manufacturer.

As I've stated before, I bought from a renowned German brand and the lift is EXACTLY the same as yours and others I've seen posted here by different brands. Only the colors change, sometimes maybe the control unit too.

Even the heavy steel "brakets" the parts are bolted to for shipping are exactly the same as those on mine.

Very nice. I am wiring the new shop this weekend so I am hoping to have my two post lift installed in about two weeks. Just curious what the deciding factor was for you to go with the 4 post over the 2 post style?
As others have mentioned my lift purchase was intended more for storage, but to have the benefit of maintenance when needed.  Unibody cars do not respond well to being suspended on a 2 post lift for extended periods of time.  With the rolling jacks you can get to go between the ramps they are almost as flexible for maintenance work as a 2 post. In addition, when I move I can disassemble and move to the new location without having to unbolt. It can also be moved around the garage for cleaning purposes.  These are a few of the reasons I went with the 4 post.

Back