• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

4-Speed Manual Transmission Pedals and Z-Bar

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeZapU

Reaction score
My Car
12 GT
73 Mach 1
85 GT
66 F-100
Selling a 4-speed pedal assembly and z-bar with accessories.  All in very good usable condition.  This would put you well on your way towards a manual transmission conversion.  

All of these parts were cleaned and de-rusted by soaking in Evaporust.  The Z-bar had elongated rod holes (typical) but I welded them up and drilled them back to their original size.  What you see is all I have.  It needs the plastic z-bar pivot balls and other wear items available from NPD in their Mustang catalog pages 192-193.  You can also purchase the assist spring if you stick with an original Long style clutch or leave it off if you go with a diaphragm style clutch kit.  The frame mount pivot has some pitting and wear but nothing that I see as being an issue. 

I have performed a C6 to 4-speed swap on my car about 18 years ago so I can assist with any questions that you may have.  I would not hesitate to use any of these parts if I was do do another conversion.  

Sorry for the upside down pics, but this is what I have now that Photobucket went T.U. 

$350 plus shipping.  

Is this for a car with power brakes?
 It CAN be changed. The power brake pin is 2" lower. Mustang Steve sells a conversion kit WITH bearings for the clutch shaft. I did it, so it can be done.

A good deal and in VGC by the look of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to clutter up the OP's thread, but the easiest thing to do is just cut a PB auto trans pedal to the manual trans pedal size. Just use a new pedal pad as a template and 5 min and you are good. Auto trans brake pedals are everywhere...

Mark as no longer available. Going to convert the brake pedal pin to a power brake configuration, order some new bushings and z-bar parts then relist it on eBay.

Back