40 year old plastic is brittle....... GRRRRRR!!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug The Dog

I'm back!
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible, 351CJ, 5 Speed. Currently being restored. Projected finish date is some day.....
:mad: So disappointed..... I've been so careful with all the parts on my car, and then WHAM! it happens... I was moving the dash off of my tool box to start re-assembling it and I bumped the side trim where it found the effects of gravity and concrete. Damn. Looks like I'll be putting up a post on classifieds to see if anyone has one they'd part with.

dash trim.jpg

Ohh crap..That sucks...I bet Don has one from Ohio Mustang supply..."maybe"
Sent Don a PM. Keeping my fingers crossed.

:mad: So disappointed..... I've been so careful with all the parts on my car, and then WHAM! it happens... I was moving the dash off of my tool box to start re-assembling it and I bumped the side trim where it found the effects of gravity and concrete. Damn. Looks like I'll be putting up a post on classifieds to see if anyone has one they'd part with.
That's infuriating!:mad:

Did you find all of the pieces? I fix stuff like this all the time. If you want to send it my way I'll see what I can do.

Did you find all of the pieces? I fix stuff like this all the time. If you want to send it my way I'll see what I can do.
I found all but one piece, and of course, it's the piece that you would be able to see from the front. I've been on my hands and knees for the last half hour with a flash light. no luck. Now I'll be on a quest for the rest of the night till I find it. Thanks for the offer. I'll keep you posted. The ironic thing is, I have three of the end caps for the right side (metal, of course) and only the one for the left side. Figures.....

I found all but one piece, and of course, it's the piece that you would be able to see from the front. I've been on my hands and knees for the last half hour with a flash light. no luck. Now I'll be on a quest for the rest of the night till I find it. Thanks for the offer. I'll keep you posted. The ironic thing is, I have three of the end caps for the right side (metal, of course) and only the one for the left side. Figures.....
Whenever I drop something and it disappears It's usually as far under the edge of a tire as possible.:dodgy: I'm serious though about fixing it.

Whenever I drop something and it disappears It's usually as far under the edge of a tire as possible.:dodgy: I'm serious though about fixing it.
Not wedged up against a tire, as the car is on jack stands! LOL! I have two helpers in the garage tonight (my Golden Retrievers) and I have a funny feeling that my missing piece became a chew toy.....

Got most of it put back together...

961982_10201531570277854_1282709316_n.jpg

Except for one missing piece..... (wouldn't you know it.....)

979602_10201531570197852_948901565_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
oh yea,,, my original plastic was so gone, i could just press my finger through it and make holes. no joke.

the dashboard piece should be an easy find. i was just thinking i had an extra one somewhere and i remembered i gave it away to a guy about 2 years ago at a car show that needed it.

I'll look on the partstang tomorrow for you
Thanks! Doesn't matter what color it is. I'll paint to match.

Black would work. Let me know what you need for it! Thanks!

Don @ Ohio Mustang Supply Has one!!!! (and a great sense of humor too!). Thanks to everyone for looking!

Back