• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

429-460 Aluminum Flywheel

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thunderguns71

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Fastback small block, now 429.
I bought this used awhile back. Can't ID the manufacture, all it had was an SFI sticker. Still has crosshatch pattern on the steel insert. 180 tooth. This was made for the later model 460 engines, but I had it neutral/zero balanced by my machine shop so it can be used with the early model 429/460 internal balanced engines . Made for a diaphragm style clutch, wont work with long style, which is why I couldn't use it. Accepts clutch size from 10" to 12". $120 plus shipping from NC 27053.

I bought this used awhile back. Can't ID the manufacture, all it had was an SFI sticker. Still has crosshatch pattern on the steel insert. 180 tooth. This was made for the later model 460 engines, but I had it neutral/zero balanced by my machine shop so it can be used with the early model 429/460 internal balanced engines . Made for a diaphragm style clutch, won't work with long style, which is why I couldn't use it. Accepts clutch size from 10" to 12". $120 plus shipping from NC 27053.

Back