429 cj heater hose routing

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B229218

Reaction score
My Car
71 mach 1 521 c.j.

On 429 cj motors, does anyone know if heater hose connection at water valve have a 90 degree hose at firewall with factory a/c? Heater only cars use straight holes but they are higher up the firewall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clevelands use an S curve in the heater hose on A/C cars.

kcmash

Clevelands use an S curve in the heater hose on A/C cars.

kcmash
Sorry, i should have said in the post 429, not cleveland cars.  I think with so little room with a big block a s-shape was used.

Hoping i didn't have to go out to the cold garage, pull the cover off and confirm..., but, no one else was coming forward with the answer. So, here is my set up on my J Code Vert. To go one better, the old hose and valve setup are the actual original to the car pieces as installed at the factory. A previous owner had bypassed the heater core (AZ car) and just left all of this as is. I kept the original pieces for future reference and it appear's it helped out here. Hope this is help's you...

Hoping i didn't have to go out to the cold garage, pull the cover off and confirm..., but, no one else was coming forward with the answer. So, here is my set up on my J Code Vert. To go one better, the old hose and valve setup are the actual original to the car pieces as installed at the factory. A previous owner had bypassed the heater core (AZ car) and just left all of this as is. I kept the original pieces for future reference and it appear's it helped out here. Hope this is help's you...
Bravo!!  :coolphotos: ::thumb:: Mystery is solved. the ford manual just showed a front view if hoses, I knew there must be a 90 degree hose back there. thank u for braving the cold!!

Where are some sources for that s-shape baby hose piece?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back