429 scj engine wanted

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdietz

Reaction score
My Car
1971 429scj
I recently purchased a 1971 Mustang 429scj that is missing its original engine and C-6 transmission. I am looking to restore it. Anyone know of an engine and C-6 transmission for sale?

I recently purchased a 1971 Mustang 429scj that is missing its original engine and C-6 transmission. I am looking to restore it. Anyone know of an engine and C-6 transmission for sale?
I don't know where you are located but if you go on Craigslist St. Louis area, auto parts, there is alot of 429CJ/SCJ parts. Blocks, heads,C 6 transmission and more parts. Hope this helps. Ryan.

I don't know where you are located but if you go on Craigslist St. Louis area, auto parts, there is alot of 429CJ/SCJ parts. Blocks, heads,C 6 transmission and more parts. Hope this helps. Ryan.
Great minds think alike!

I have a complete engine 429 scj Call me at 661 670 9195 Dennis

There was a long block on craigslist in Hickory N.C. I posted this week. I also have a HD c-6 with cast Iron tailshaft will have to check tag I think it is a 70.

Here is the link to one in North Carolina. http://hickory.craigslist.org/pts/5391157410.html

David

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I am starting a project to build a 550-600 hp engine and thinking also a possibility of a tuned scj/cj - perhaps starting from a bare block.

Do you still have the scj engine - if yes how much are you asking for it ?

If not - do you know somebody selling a D0VE A block either 2 or 4 bolt version or a complete engine for rebuild ?

Thanks

Hi,

I am starting a project to build a 550-600 hp engine and thinking also a possibility of a tuned scj/cj - perhaps starting from a bare block.

Do you still have the scj engine - if yes how much are you asking for it ?

If not - do you know somebody selling a D0VE A block either 2 or 4 bolt version or a complete engine for rebuild ?

Thanks
You might check with some of the 70-71 Torino, Montego and Cougars forums. They would be also be posting those for sale.

Good luck.

Ray

Back