• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

5/16” copper steel tubing

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Grande will undergo three phase build process. Phase 1 is complete (driver). Phase 2 is interior/exterior restoration. Phase 3 is ++ performance.
Does anyone have any left over tubing? I only need like a 5’ piece or two 2.5’ pieces to finish my trans cooler. Can’t seem to locate a short piece on line. Thanks. Either 86426 or 91784 shipping address.

In a past life, I worked as a Sheetmetal Worker, an apprentice, and I learned to silver-solder copper lines. I‘ve never seen copper-steel line used in the HVAC business, but that was 45 years ago. My Autozone local one didn’t have it. I did buy a 60” 5/16” brake line, but turns out, it’s OD didn’t work with my 5/16” brass fittings, like the 5/16” copper-steel line did. I never knew there was a difference in lines. The brake lines were steel. I’ll check with other Autozones once I get back to CA. Thanks for the heads up.

In a past life, I worked as a Sheetmetal Worker, an apprentice, and I learned to silver-solder copper lines. I‘ve never seen copper-steel line used in the HVAC business, but that was 45 years ago. My Autozone local one didn’t have it. I did buy a 60” 5/16” brake line, but turns out, it’s OD didn’t work with my 5/16” brass fittings, like the 5/16” copper-steel line did. I never knew there was a difference in lines. The brake lines were steel. I’ll check with other Autozones once I get back to CA. Thanks for the heads up.
Its actually copper-nickel. They are good for brake, transmission and fuel lines. Easy to bend and flare.

Back