56 T Bird

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mustang Mach 1
72 Mustang Mach 1 (parts car)
My buddy gave me a call last week to tell about a T Bird his father in laws friend is selling. Well Friday I got the text " What are you and your trailer doing Sunday morning". Before I could answer him the next text came in " I'll buy breakfast".

Well I got up early this morning hooked up the flatbed and wen't to breakfast.:cool: From there we headed off to pick up his new project.

The seller had rebuilt the motor/trans on the 56 bird, dropped them back in and that's where it stopped. The car has been siting for about 4 years. My buddy is not sure if he's going to do a total restore or just get it running. I say get it running and drive it for awhile .

T bird.jpg

Oh yeah!

Love the T-birds. Get it running and driving first. The enjoy it. Then he can start identifying the next steps and prioritize each one. The variables of wants vs budget usually help with this plan...

Car looks decent from the pic.

Ray

I've always maintained that the best two designs to come out of the 1950's are the Continental Mark II and the first-gen T-Birds. In an era of otherwise ridiculous styling opulence, they emerged as absolutely bewitching, perfectly clean designs.

The dark dove grey/silver of this car only makes it that much better. Keep us updated.

-Kurt

Oh yeah!

Love the T-birds. Get it running and driving first. The enjoy it. Then he can start identifying the next steps and prioritize each one. The variables of wants vs budget usually help with this plan...

Car looks decent from the pic.

Ray
That's what I think too. All I would do to it is bag the motor up and detail the engine bay. The seller did a nice job on the engine detail. The car overall is pretty good as is. The car had 1 repaint about 30 years ago when the seller bought it. It's a 20 footer for sure.

It's a 20 footer for sure.
Definition: "20 footer"

1. An excuse for not doing anything with a beautiful old car.

2. The #1 reason to drive your beautiful old car more and get it out of the garage where you can't enjoy it.

-Kurt

Back