6 cylinders L code - Possible future project

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MooseStang

Reaction score
My Car
72 Q-code Vert
72 L-code Vert
I'm brainstorming for my next project, and am thinking about doing a pumped up 6 cylinder (something different).
Anyone out there done something similar? Anyone have stock 6 cyl engine bay pics? Any other comment?

If you are looking for something different, I always thought it would be cool to put something like a T-bird Super coupe supercharged V6 or the new 3.5 twin turbo eco-boost in an L code Mustang.

If you want to stay with a straight six, there are several options from Ford Australia.

The 250, same original 144/200/250 as we had, hung around down there a lot longer than up here. Later versions had a crossflow 250 with carbs on one side and exhaust on the other. A dual overhead cam version and eventually the Barra 6. You can get a Barra over here now as there are some people importing them.
But you will have to put up with an anemic turbo straight six capable of 5-600hp.

If you are looking for something different, I always thought it would be cool to put something like a T-bird Super coupe supercharged V6 or the new 3.5 twin turbo eco-boost in an L code Mustang.
🤔 you bring me to an idea, I’ve got a super coupe engine laying around 😬

Back