69 fastback value

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach1
A friend of my father is selling this 69 fastback. He is asking $4300 for her, I am waiting to get more info at this time but here are some pics.

IMAG0803-1.jpg

[/img]http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd421/Mrmach1971/IMAG0805-1.jpg[/img]

IMAG0808.jpg

IMAG0814.jpg

IMAG0816.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the 70 mustangs. Obviously in rough shape. What's the goal? have you always wanted one to fix up for yourself or buy/fix/sell it? If there isn't any rust and your dream is to find one to make your own, well, that's a good start. Buy/fix/sell you will lose money for sure.

Seems a little high to me but I don't normally price out the 70's.

When I come look at those parts I will take a look at that car for you. It does not matter how bad it looks, it does matter if the metal is so thin that you can put your fingers thru it in most of the body panels and the frame. I have been looking for one for a few years now but I want one that has most if not all of the bits with it. That is my secret when it comes to collecting and restoring them. If they come complete all you have to do is fixem. In fact, I have driven home a 66 Tbird from SC, a 69 Firebird from San Antonio and I admit I trailered the 54 F100 from SantaFe but I started it and drove it up on the trailer. I did that 5 years ago and I am still putting it back together. Lessoned learned. Oh and I drove my present mustang from Denver Colorado. Made the deal thru ebay and paid for it in person at the airport. Drove it straight from there to home the next day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone who pays $4300.00 for that must be smoking crack unless it's a boss with all the numbers matching parts..The guy selling it asking $4300.00 would be lucky to see $500-$1000.00 I'd run as fast & as far as you could from that car.

Save your money & buy one of these http://www.dynacornclassicbodies.com/images/69FBCollage.jpg

By the time your done with that $4300.00 p.o.s. it will end up costing more than a new one !

Couple of things

1- it looks as if some or most of the glass is missing

2- it is sunk in the dirt

Both of these tell me the bottom of the car will be GONE

Depends how much moisute came up out of the ground but it tends to eat them fast.

From the pics, no tach, no disc emblem I will assume no big block just a 302 or 351 3 speed, if it's a 4 speed there is a few bucks in value / parts there. Not 4300.00 though

I can order you guys the DII bodies !!!

Don

I can order you guys the DII bodies !!!

??????????????????[/u]
Roy I can get you a 67, 68, 69, 70 Mustang shell also a couple of different Camaro's, or have another co. doing a 57 Chevy convertible

- MSRP is $15,500 for Part # MS67FB with doors, export brace and deck lid.

Plus a Crating and Handling Charge of $495.00. All Bodies are shipped FOB Camarillo, California freight prepaid, or you could make your own freight arrangements.

- MSRP is $15,500 for Part # MS68FB with doors, export brace and deck lid.

Plus a Crating and Handling Charge of $495.00. All Bodies are shipped FOB Camarillo, California freight prepaid, or you could make your own freight arrangements

- MSRP is $16,500 for Part # MS69FB with doors, export brace and deck lid.

Plus a Crating and Handling Charge of $495.00. All Bodies are shipped FOB Camarillo, California freight prepaid, or you could make your own freight arrangements.

- MSRP is $16,500 for Part # MS70FB with doors, export brace and deck lid.

All Dynacorn Replacement Body Shells are encased in raw-steel 2" x 2" tube cages w/ shoes for forklift transport. These cages are welded and bolted to the bottom of the shell. Prior to shipping, each shell and cage will be crated in particle board.

The 1967 Replacement Body Shell does not come with side or quarter panel scoops or quarter panel extensions. All bodies come edp coated but not painted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click Here For Classic Bodies Brochure 1.7mb file

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ford Oval and Mustang® are registered trademarks owned and licensed

by Ford Motor Company.

Manufactured by Dynacorn Classic Bodies Inc.

Dynacorn Classic Bodies are built and certified to fit Dynacorn, GLA or OE only.

Im not looking to buy this car, I have one too many projects right now and not enough MONEY and time to get another one. I just wanted to get some opinions about the price to let actual owner know that his price is high.

A friend of my father is selling this 69 fastback. He is asking $4300 for her, I am waiting to get more info at this time but here are some pics.

IMAG0803-1.jpg

[/img]http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd421/Mrmach1971/IMAG0805-1.jpg[/img]

IMAG0808.jpg

IMAG0814.jpg

IMAG0816.jpg
I use to have a 69 Coupe when i was 16, so 25 years later i got the bug again.

I looked high and low for a car just like that to fix up.

However just like this car they are all way over priced for what your getting.

I would think if the could start and move and the frame and floor is good shape then maybe its worth 2,000 to 2,500

If its not running then its worth 1,500 and you wont know what the trany is like if it cant move.

The problem I have when i look at this is that i see for what it can be when its done which realy screws your head up.

I would suggest that you put a budget togther to complete the car.

dont think about your labour just parts and freight.

in reality this budget will double when you find out all the issues.

at least know you have some ammo to talk the man down.

it would also help if you can find comparable cars, however your not going to find them on Ebay, go to like criags list or a whole bunch of online small town classifieds

Marc

I agree, the price is too much for state the car is in. But we don't know how good the frame,torque boxes,floors look.

I found a 1970 fastback plain jane 302 with NO drive train, and the guy wanted $6000............pictures are self explanatory. I told him it wasnt worth more than 2000.

IMG-20110423-00027.jpg

IMG-20110423-00039.jpg

IMG-20110423-00025.jpg

Think that price is high? Check out the cars for sale at www.coloradomustang.com. Some of the prices there are unreal.
wow did you see that 72 with the huge dent going for 8500$ that is plain insane. That would not even be a Canadian price hahaha

Back