69 Mach I

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mustang Mach I
351c 2v
highly optioned

67 Mustang Convertible
1 of 35 Diamond Blue
Survivor
Okay guys i know she's not a 71-3 !!!

But I LOVE the 69 and 70's. So I look and look and look some more. So some guys I know both know of a 69 for sale. The beloved 69 Mach I 428 cj car!!!!!!! Rumors are the owner has owned it for 30 years. wants 10k for her. Here we are a month later I carve out some time and go look in the worst part of Houston you can imagine. its a tiny broken down house and without being obvious I counted nearly 15 pickups all broken down in the yard. and one VERY HOT white trash chick barely clothed. Murders are skeer'd to go there... me... the worst hombre you can confront... "an eager Mustang collector" goes in...."

So this cat takes me to see it....

it was worth going to see if it checks out as a Mach I. VERY straight body...but the place was like going to my family's house. It took an HOUR to get the crap off it to see it.

Here's the fun!

us: "so would you mind if we looked at it"

them (seedy character): "no problem"

us: "is it around back" (we start walking AROUND THE HOUSE)

them: "no guys your STANDING BESIDE IT"

I was ACTUALLY 3-4 FEET from it and COULD NOT SEE IT! :D

Just ran the numbers. It is a 70 as I predicted. Btw it's a 70 with a 69 front end... so IF I buy it... the 69 front end will be for sale which I may add is in dang nice condition.

She's a 70 Mach I that was a San Jose car and a standard 351 2v car.

Last edited by a moderator:
69 and 70's are badass! I'd haggle for it if money and a place to put it is not a problem. "VERY HOT white trash chick barely clothed" u crazy! LOL! Kinda reminds me of Jaime Pressly in Joe Dirt LOL! Unreal trailer smok'n hot!:angel: Say...6G's for the car and hot chick :)

Sounds interesting, but because of the neighborhood you better double check to make sure it's not hot and has a clear title. If your lucky only the 69 front end is stolen :dodgy:

69 and 70's are badass! I'd haggle for it if money and a place to put it is not a problem. "VERY HOT white trash chick barely clothed" u crazy! LOL! Kinda reminds me of Jaime Pressly in Joe Dirt LOL! Unreal trailer smok'n hot!:angel: Say...6G's for the car and hot chick :)
LOL FTN!!!! yeah 6g's but tha hot chick would end up cost'n more than the car...and It aint worth it to me!! :D

I am considering an offer and he can keep the 428... I'll go for a 460 and have far more power.

Sounds interesting, but because of the neighborhood you better double check to make sure it's not hot and has a clear title. If your lucky only the 69 front end is stolen :dodgy:
Ole Pony... one guy has known the car for more than a year. IF it is stolen some good and bad. the good is... it was WELL HIDDEN!!! The bad is ... IT was WELL HIDDEN!!!!:D I swear I can spot the shape of a car 99% accuracy. I was standing RIGHT IN FRONT OF IT.... and didnt know it was there!!!!!!! :(:D

Ok, I'll admit right here and now, that the 69 sportsroof is my absolute favorite of all Mustangs (71-73 included) !

Now you may kick me........ ;)

I had a 70 Mach One....I sold in a fit of stupidity( found out the wife was preggers) ...lol...should have kept the car and sold the kid...car would have cost less over the years.

I still have pains of regret every time I see a 70 drive by.

Yeah guys this is getting interesting. Like you guys ..."we need pics" I agree, had to go out without the camera... my wifes sweet little lap dog chewed up a nice camera!!!!! He's a german shepard... 9 months old... right now almost 100 pounds!! My old tech Blackberry doesnt take pics. (told them I wouldnt ever use it) lol.

So the Walmart lady is kind enough to take pics for me and sent them to me. I'll post them but they are very small.

So I threw the bait out last night. Told the guy he didnt have a 428 car, didnt have a 428 its a 390, a "non matching" front end and it's a 351c 2v car. Said I would buy it but I'm more like 2000 not 9000!! The guy I'm negotiating with is a friend/family kinda guy talking for the over weight guy in the run down house because he's too big to move guy who actually owns it. Fellow was pretty nice ..didnt cuss me out, said he would talk to his friend and see if he'd talk about it. So we'll see if we get a tug on the line.

70machrear.jpg

70machleftfrt.jpg

70machfrt.jpg
70machleftfrt.jpg

70backqtr.jpg

only rust is that small section on the well.

My old tech Blackberry doesnt take pics. (told them I wouldnt ever use it) lol.

...a "non matching" front end...
Looks like a '70 with a '69 clip. Change the tail light panel and quarter end caps and you have a convincing '69 Boss 302 clone. Works for me!

Cell phone without a camera??? Really??? ::blah:: Just kidding!

Yeah 69 Rustang.... I'm all about "new" technology :cool: The cost to replace the front end and put the correct one on is a litte pricey and I don't do clones very often but that may be cheaper. Without the original motor its only a few steps above a sports roof car. We'll see if I get a tug on the line:D

Looks like a 70 to me with 69 front clip . 69s didn't come with 351c. 69 Boss 302 didn't have side scopes. So replace tail panel and you got a good 69 Boss 302 clone. Drop Ford Racing new Boss302 create engine in with a 5speed boom your done.

LOL FTN!!!! yeah 6g's but tha hot chick would end up cost'n more than the car...and It aint worth it to me!! :D
Ain't that the truth LOL! Anyhow, $2g's eh? The car looks to be in pretty good shape. Here's some pics of my bud's ride to get you goin.

I've always loved the 69-70 body style but unfortunately I got stuck with my 1971 :( That's my new bumper sticker LOL! Well enough jokes... here are the pics:

21o37tx.jpg

27xe2vo.jpg

5jsp04.jpg

Ain't that the truth LOL! Anyhow, $2g's eh? The car looks to be in pretty good shape. Here's some pics of my bud's ride to get you goin.

I've always loved the 69-70 body style but unfortunately I got stuck with my 1971 :( That's my new bumper sticker LOL! Well enough jokes... here are the pics:

21o37tx.jpg

27xe2vo.jpg

5jsp04.jpg

HOLLYYY, that thing is sweeeeetttt

HOLLYYY, that thing is sweeeeetttt
Damn straight! Sounds sick too!

Back