71, 302, spring special replica "yellow pony" blog

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gear vendor overdrive unit if you want to keep the C4 or swap out the C4 with an AOD out of a fox body mustang. It is a pretty straight forward swap.
Thanks a lot, will check.

IMHO you can’t go wrong with the chrome Magnum 500 in the sizes you selected.
I know, I Germany they are too overpriced. Was hoping maybe someone knows good place where to order them in US. BTW, They are made in Asia nowadays no?

You know there's enough room in the rear for 15X10's   :whistling:
I heard  :p  but i am a bit scared of going into 300ish zone. With my dead 302inch even i would feel that this is too much :) 255 should already look cool.

Found an OD modification for C4 from Gear vendor.

It costs 27 hundred. I was stupid to buy new C4 for approx same price. Now would be hard to give another 2700 to fix previous mistake :)

Will probably consider swapping my C4 for C4 with overdrive from performance automatic and trying to sell almost new c4. As roadtrips are nightmare with current setup :)

Regarding the 15x7 front - 15x8 rear tire size dilemma:  I'd probably go with 235/60R15s up front and 255/60R15s out back.  Stock Magnum 500s will have the right back spacing for those tires and look great.

If you want to go with bigger rears, you could go up to 295/50s on 15x10s with 5.5" backspacing and be spot-on.  15x10 Magnums with that back spacing can be had easily enough and look awesome as well.  The sheer size of the tire will tend to limit availability, however, as I only know of 5 manufacturers with tires that size (BFG T/As, Cooper Cobras, Mastercraft Avengers, Hankook Ventus, and Mickey Thompson Sportsmans).

Hope that helps!

Regarding the 15x7 front - 15x8 rear tire size dilemma:  I'd probably go with 235/60R15s up front and 255/60R15s out back.  Stock Magnum 500s will have the right back spacing for those tires and look great.

If you want to go with bigger rears, you could go up to 295/50s on 15x10s with 5.5" backspacing and be spot-on.  15x10 Magnums with that back spacing can be had easily enough and look awesome as well.  The sheer size of the tire will tend to limit availability, however, as I only know of 5 manufacturers with tires that size (BFG T/As, Cooper Cobras, Mastercraft Avengers, Hankook Ventus, and Mickey Thompson Sportsmans).

Hope that helps!
Thanks, many ppl advice 235 on 8th wheel. I was thinking about 225, but will most likely agree and take 235  :thankyouyellow:

I would go with a 16" rim instead of the 15". I wish I would of when I did mine. There a lot more tire options for 16" than there are for 15" and as Eric said there are only a handful of suppliers for the 15"

I would go with a 16" rim instead of the 15". I wish I would of when I did mine. There a lot more tire options for 16" than there are for 15" and as Eric said there are only a handful of suppliers for the 15"

Sorry to hear...  I know this feeling  :(

Might be a good option BTW. I think Goodrich does not make white sidewalls for 16th, but there should be options or a White paint :)

Thanks for the idea!

Hi gents!

Hope you didn't miss yellow pony soo much.

I finally managed to get disk brakes with booster cylinder. Been waiting 2 months for parts.

New chrome magnums500 15*7 and 15*8. With BF Goodrich 235/60, 255/60.

Drives great, brakes good, looks awesome :) Short video is here

Back