• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

71 72 73 Ford Mustang Console Assembly, Manual or Auto, Black w/o Clock, No Tray

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible.
Restoring and fixing as I go.
71 72 73 Ford Mustang Console Assembly, Manual or Auto, Black w/o Clock, No Tray

Cleaning out the garage and need to sell the console assembly in my ebay listing.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/71-72-73-Ford-Mustang-Console-Assembly-Manual-or-Auto-Black-w-o-Clock-No-Tray/173820837827

I've got it listed under local pickup, but would like to be able to ship out.

For those that have sold Floor consoles and shipped them. Can I get some advice on selling this one?

!) How did you pack the console for shipping?

2) Could you use the following service (USPS,UPS) for shipping?  (Kind of odd shape,)

3) Did you include insurance? 

I'd like to change my posting from local and make it available to the group ;  just not quite sure how to ship this.

** Still available as of 3/3/2019

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

I rebuild and sell consoles. Yes shipping is sort of a pain. I go to local furniture store and get their discarded shipping boxes that have the double wall cardboard. I lay on shop floor and cut through one side with razor knife and fold up my own boxes.

Yes for sure you insure.

I have sent by USPS with no issue from North Carolina to California.

Since my consoles are restored I allow plenty of time for all paint to cure. To prevent any chaffing of a surface I wrap the console in stretch wrap. I go on craigslist and find people wanting to give away packing peanuts, foam and such. Sometimes I wrap in bubble wrap after the stretch wrap and then put the packing peanuts in plastic grocery bags and place them all around the console. I just make a square box, long of course, and give a couple inches of clearance on each side for packing.

I tape the box in all directions using clear boxing tape.

You can do the postage online as long as you have an accurate scale for shipping. I got electronic one on Amazon and have shipped lots of items and weight is always right.

You do all the paperwork on the computer for USPS, pay, and print your shipping label. When you go to the post office to ship they scan and give you a receipt with tracking number.

I have actually shipped a short quarter panel and set of interior door panels by USPS they are usually cheaper than UPS or Fed-X.

You can do UPS at home also if you prefer.

Back