• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

71-72 Grille - Damaged or Broken

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Coupe. Lived, died, then lived again.
Hey everyone,

My '71 coupe is rolling around without a grille and looks silly. The original grille was missing the plastic at all the mounting points and was practically hanging on to the bumper, so I removed it. Now I'm looking for a cheap (emphasis on the CHEAP) 71-72 grille. Standard is fine, Mach 1 would be even better. Broken grilles and some damage is OK, as long as it's in usable condition and has the plastic tabs around the headlights to screw it in and keep it in place. People keep asking me if the car is a Camaro. The humiliation!

too bad this wasn't about 2 months ago. i swapped out a repop grill that cracked on me with new one, then threw out the repop with the crack in it.

the crack was off center on the bottom by the bumper and it cracked half way up the honey comb however i didn't see it for months until i was working on the front end and discovered the crack, once i knew the crack was there it bugged me so bad i had to replace the grill again. It would of cost more to ship then it was worth. :(

I have my original grill hung on my garage wall but it has the broken ears that attach it to the headlights

Will do, I'll give him a call tomorrow. Thanks!!!

Check with Don at OMS

Toll-Free Order Number 888-685-9680, M-F 9-5

Ray

What a shame :( I would've taken it off your hands in a split second. Thanks anyway!!!

too bad this wasn't about 2 months ago. i swapped out a repop grill that cracked on me with new one, then threw out the repop with the crack in it.

the crack was off center on the bottom by the bumper and it cracked half way up the honey comb however i didn't see it for months until i was working on the front end and discovered the crack, once i knew the crack was there it bugged me so bad i had to replace the grill again. It would of cost more to ship then it was worth. :(

I have my original grill hung on my garage wall but it has the broken ears that attach it to the headlights

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry wish the timing was right, i tossed it out in trash day the next day it jutted up from the trash can like the worst stonehedge ever hee hee.

Back