71-72 Mach 1 Grille with STAINLESS STEEL Trim.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoagie Ranch

Reaction score
My Car
1971 MUSTANG MACH 1 429 SCJ
I am in need of a reproduction grille for my 71 MACH. most of the ones I have seen on ebay have aluminium TRIM. I have seen one made by DRAKE , they claim it is original Ford tooling and has stainless steel TRIM. This stainless cost more $ but seems better. Has anyone out there purchased a reproduction Mach 1 grille? Your comments would be greatly appreciated. There is a 71-72 Drake grille for around $361 on EBAY with free shipping. My finger is getting itchy and I am about to HIT the BUY NOW button. Please help.
Thanks

I am in need of a reproduction grille for my 71 MACH. most of the ones I have seen on ebay have aluminium TRIM. I have seen one made by DRAKE , they claim it is original Ford tooling and has stainless steel TRIM. This stainless cost more $ but seems better. Has anyone out there purchased a reproduction Mach 1 grille? Your comments would be greatly appreciated. There is a 71-72 Drake grille for around $361 on EBAY with free shipping. My finger is getting itchy and I am about to HIT the BUY NOW button. Please help.
Thanks
Virginia Classic Mustang has a 71 repro Mach grill fir $259 plus s&h. I have bought a lot of stuff from VCM. Much of it is Daniel Carpenter which I really like.

The original post is a bit older so I will add this comment on it if someone is searching this subject in the future. The Daniel Carpenter grills are pretty good if you cannot find an original. I would advise if you by a repro grill do not go with repro stainless. It is very thin and deforms easily. Fortunately, these come up on eBay pretty regularly and are worth waiting for to grab an original set. It is 4 pieces in total and you may need the small plastic clips to attach them to the grill. I lucked out a few years back and found an OE grill and then located the OE trim pieces. Still need to install them, but that will most likely happen this winter 22'-23'.

I used the Carpenter repop grille with the pre-installed stainless moldings. This was in 2006, so not sure if they changed materials with the current versions. Zero issues since then and looked nearly identical to my perfect OE grille. I wasn't building a concourse car, so then 36 year old grille went on eBay for someone who wanted an OE part.

Back