71-72 Yellow Mach 1 in Movie: Bounty Killer

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71ProjectJunk

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1 M code 351 4 speed
Post apocalyptic movie where the protagonist "Mary Death" drives a 1971-1972 Yellow Mach 1. Car appears quite a bit throughout the movie till it is destroyed at 23:20. One interesting thing is that when it blows up, it suddenly becomes a 1969 (watch the CGI closely), LOL. First shows up at 5:37

Spike Morelli, one of the forum members actually owns that car, and has posted a few threads on it. 

71ProjectJunk,

I was told by Henry Saine, the guy who developed the movie, that the car that was blown up in the movie was a clapped out Nova. I was there the day they photographed my car from every angle, to use in CGI to paste the images photographically onto the stunt car. Fairly interesting how they do that. CGI was used as well when Mary gets into a fight with a chain-swinging thug, and he breaks the window out of the car. As to a '69 in the movie, the crew also used a friend's ( Gilbert's ) black 69 for a few quick engine shots which were supposedly of my '71s engine, however, my engine is a Cleveland, and stock. Gilbert's '69 is a 351w and dressed up, so they used his engine shot. The '69 appears briefly more towards the end as Mary gets another ride. 

Bounty Killer Mustang 11.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back