71-73 Mustang Custom Key Chain Fundraiser!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Ford Mustang Q-code convertible
The manufacturer said they can put a key ring hole in the rear of the design...do you guys want it pre-drilled or drill your own holes if wanted??

A key ring hole would be a nice option since I will use them as a key ring . So I will be happy if you can send it pre-drilled!

RocketFoot

Stangin' ain't easy but somebody gotta do it!
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
We are over 60 pre-sales already! I am going to let this roll for the rest of the week and weekend. I will place the order on Monday Jan. 23rd, 2017 so the order deadline is Sunday, Jan. 22nd, 2017!!! I will order a few extras of each design but if you want one, be sure to place your order so it is locked in! I can't guarantee availability of extras after the order is placed!

Order deadline is Sunday, Jan. 22nd, 2017!!!

RocketFoot

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
Looking good!

Everyone check the master list on the first post and make sure I have your orders correct! Don't want no surprises! :cool:

dohcsvt

Reaction score
My Car
!973 Mach 1. White w/black stripes. Originally 3512V, now a ford racing parts 460 crate engine.
I am in for a Mach 1

aypsears

Reaction score
My Car
71 MUSTANG WITH 19 OPTIONS FROM THE FACTORY
just bought a key chain cool

RocketFoot

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
Up to 75 sold!! We will be placing the order on Monday so make sure you lock your in before the deadline this Sunday if you haven't already!! :D

RocketFoot

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
I just found a deal on bulk key rings...each key tag will now come with a 30mm split key ring!

Still no feedback on key ring holes drilled or not?? Right now, I will just leave them as is with no drilled key ring holes. You can always drill them yourself if needed.

Mister 4x4

Too Big to Sneak
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
Sorry, Barry - I missed where you had asked that question.

I was thinking along the same lines as the machinist - probably a small hole right about where the rear indicators would fall. That way a small ring could go through and also hold the split-ring (so it doesn't bind up in your pocket), like most of the commercially-produced key rings you get.

But, it's easy enough to do on our own, so no worries. ::thumb::

RocketFoot

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
Sorry, Barry - I missed where you had asked that question.

I was thinking along the same lines as the machinist - probably a small hole right about where the rear indicators would fall. That way a small ring could go through and also hold the split-ring (so it doesn't bind up in your pocket), like most of the commercially-produced key rings you get.

But, it's easy enough to do on our own, so no worries. ::thumb::
Yeah it sounds like some people are using them as a key chain and some as a collectible trinket with no need for the key ring hole. Personally, I am going to hang mine from the rear view mirror with some paracord looped through the door window so it hangs horizontally! So maybe it is better to leave the hole off! It is easy enough to drill if someone really wants it! The tire holes are perfect for key rings as well!

Mister 4x4

Too Big to Sneak
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
My Mom had bought me a "Mustang" necklace from Avon way back when I was a kid, and I had it hanging from the mirror in my '82. I found it in my tool box while I was putting my '71 back together (I somehow hadn't lost it after all these years), my wife found it, and decided I needed to do that again. Except, that before I got the car back together, she'd forgotten where she had put it (lost it, in other words), so she found another one on ebay, and that's what hanging from the mirror now.

3982695_9ujkrtck.jpg

That's a great idea - hanging it from the mirror. I might have to rethink that idea. ;) ::thumb::

RocketFoot

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
My Mom had bought me a "Mustang" necklace from Avon way back when I was a kid, and I had it hanging from the mirror in my '82. I found it in my tool box while I was putting my '71 back together (I somehow hadn't lost it after all these years), my wife found it, and decided I needed to do that again. Except, that before I got the car back together, she'd forgotten where she had put it (lost it, in other words), so she found another one on ebay, and that's what hanging from the mirror now.

3982695_9ujkrtck.jpg

That's a great idea - hanging it from the mirror. I might have to rethink that idea. ;) ::thumb::
That's if my mirror stays on the windshield...it tends to fall off every few years, LOL!

RocketFoot

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
Everyone should be on the roster on the first page so far! Be sure your name is listed if you placed an order already.

We are at 104 and still going strong! Order deadline is Sunday, Jan. 22nd, 2017! I will place the order Monday!! I plan on getting a few extras but it is always better to pre-order so you are guaranteed to receive your item!!

Latest posts