• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

'71 - '73 pcs

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djjsc

Reaction score
My Car
1970 63B, M-code, FMX plus other neat options.
Hi, just a friendly FYI

Those mirrors are not 71-3 Mustang

Mustang mirrors would be D1ZB-....

Also Ford did not paint parts - they came in primer only

"Mustang mirrors would be D1ZB-...."

Not necessarily. Different models shared components fr the Ford parts bin. Which is how engines cast 'D0AE' end up in Mustangs. The only reference I've found to these mirrors specifically states '71 - '73 Mustang. D2 & D4 would be service replacements for the original. These are part of a considerable collection of NOS parts dating fr late 70s.

"Ford did not paint parts"

I was a Ford partsman in the early 70s; there were many, many parts we could order in specific colours. That being said, maybe someone could post pics of original door mirrors to help us all. "Personally, I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught." - Winston Churchill

Ok I pulled these photos from NPD. Note how the pedestals are different. Their not from the same car.

uvy4eder.jpg
9y4y8uma.jpg

Thank you. My ad will be corrected. Have a good day!

Back