71-73 Seat Track Extensions

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveMT

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach-1 Sportsroof (1970, 351C-4V M-Code Motor, 4-Speed Toploader)
Does anyone know if seat track extensions are available from any manufacturer? I recently reupholstered the interior of my 73 Mach-1 and use TMI's Sport-II upholstery which has increased side bolsters on the front bucket seats and also uses thicker foam padding. The problem now is that due to the much thicker padding, I'm just about sitting on the dashboard with the driver's seat adjusted to its farthest rear position and I'm only 5' 8" tall. I've done quite a bit of research and have come up blank. I have seen the extensions for the earlier model Mustangs up to 1970 but that seems to be where the availability stops. I made some temporary extensions from 3/16" x 1" steel bar but tehy look like hell and it puts the seat adjustment handle 4" away from the seat front. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Just last week I sat in a 72 that had a set of those and the other problem I noticed that would keep me away from them was they had my head practically touching the headliner and I'm only 5'9". Bummer because I've always liked they way they cradle you vs. our stock seats that are flat as boards.

Back