71 Boss - 1 of 18 with DSO Code 99 (Export)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Boss 351
I purchased this 1971 Boss 351 last summer (2018).  Prior owner bought it from University Chrysler in Edinburg, TX...a border town close to Mcallen.  Salesman at the dealership told him this Boss was a trade-in by a Mexican buyer who drove the car across the border and returned with a new Chrysler. Marti Report states the DSO (District Sales Office) code is 99 and 1 of 18 Boss 351s designated for export.  Unfortunately there is no further documentation that shows where a DSO 99 car eventually was exported to.  I assume based on the PO's story that this car went to Mexico and returned to the Motherland when traded for a Chrysler in late 1976.

Original sales receipt from PO who paid $1,200 for a 1971 Boss 351 on Jan 12, 1977 from University Chrysler in Edinburg, TX.

I purchased this 1971 Boss 351 last summer (2018).  Prior owner bought it from University Chrysler in Edinburg, TX...a border town close to Mcallen.  Salesman at the dealership told him this Boss was a trade-in by a Mexican buyer who drove the car across the border and returned with a new Chrysler. Marti Report states the DSO (District Sales Office) code is 99 and 1 of 18 Boss 351s designated for export.  Unfortunately there is no further documentation that shows where a DSO 99 car eventually was exported to.  I assume based on the PO's story that this car went to Mexico and returned to the Motherland when traded for a Chrysler in late 1976.

Original sales receipt from PO who paid $1,200 for a 1971 Boss 351 on Jan 12, 1977 from University Chrysler in Edinburg, TX.
 The Marti Mustang and Cougar Tag book only shows DSO #'s 90-99 as Export, so no real use to anyone other than it was an Export car.

I guess you have to trust it was Mexico.

Geoff.

Back