• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

INACTIVE DID NOT REPLY TO QUERIES 71 boss 351 for sale

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

metang

Reaction score
My Car
71 mach 1
Complete in vehicle. To radical for me. rough idle. New engine have run for about an hour. changed oil. Have #'s to confirm and pictures if you like. mike at 4172574888

It is a new complete engine, crome valve covers, HEI dist. crome flex fan. new holly. 30 over pistons. $10,000. IF serious, then i can send you a video. Thanks for interest.

I will never understand people that want to sell stuff like this. This is the same as the guy with the Boss 351 in Dallas, TX, who put a couple of photos from 20 feet away and no details except that it was a Boss 351. When asked for details he also said just contact me... I am sure that guy still has that B351 from 2 months ago, and this will be unsold for the rest of the year.

It is a new complete engine, crome valve covers, HEI dist. crome flex fan. new holly. 30 over pistons. $10,000. IF serious, then i can send you a video. Thanks for interest.
Are you selling an engine or a complete vehicle?

Chrome valve covers, HEI distributor, chrome fan and a total of 3 posts on the forum and selling the original engine out of a Boss Mustang?

None of this makes sense. What legitimate owner of a Boss 351 would destroy the value of that model of mustang by selling the freshly rebuilt original engine because the idle is too rough. Nobody in their right mind would do this....has to be a scam. If I'm wrong, I'll apologize to the OP, but I think the admins need to vet this one.

hey Steve McMahan, I put the engine in a 69 mach 1 that originally had a winsor engine with fmx auto. My son has convinced me not to sell the engine. I bought a stall converter to hopefully remedy the engine wanting to die when put in gear. I had a winsor HO i was going to install but guess not. Sorry for placeing ad notice before fully decited.

I will never understand people that want to sell stuff like this. This is the same as the guy with the Boss 351 in Dallas, TX, who put a couple of photos from 20 feet away and no details except that it was a Boss 351. When asked for details he also said just contact me... I am sure that guy still has that B351 from 2 months ago, and this will be unsold for the rest of the year.
Because there are too many tire kickers and people who ask you to jump through hoops posting information and then never respond. If you are interested in something, pick-up the phone. BTW, this guy in Dallas, TX sold his Boss to a serious buyer who picked up the phone and gave the seller a call. : )

Because there are too many tire kickers and people who ask you to jump through hoops posting information and then never respond. If you are interested in something, pick-up the phone. BTW, this guy in Dallas, TX sold his Boss to a serious buyer who picked up the phone and gave the seller a call. : )
It behooves a seller to put as much information as possible when they want to sell something, especially a collectible car. As detailed a description as possible, as many photos as possible, as much background information as you know on the car, engine, transmission, rear end, brakes, etc... Service history, any and all documentation, on the vehicle. A couple of videos is highly recommended, one of the car sitting and idling and one of it running and driving down the road. For one it avoids a ton of questions on the condition of the vehicle, its history, and how it runs, and second it give the prospective buyer a good degree of confidence that the seller is not trying to hide something that could be wrong with the car.
Before I bough this 71 Mach 1 I drove 150 miles, 300 both ways, to buy a 71 LT1 Corvette Convertible, buyer had few photos, and even less of a description. I called him to talk about the car and he told me that he had bough the car at Mecum some 8 years ago and was loosing money selling for what he was currently selling it. Told me car was beautiful and had very few issues, if any at all. Well, I went to the bank got a certified check and drove 150 miles with a trailer, to find a car that needed to be completely stripped and repainted, would not idle and could not really be test driven as the Holley was leaking fuel all over the place, and was nowhere near the condition he told me over the phone. So, I had to get back in my truck and drive 150 miles back to my bank, deposit my certified check, and go home. Lost a complete day of my life...
That was the last time I would do that. To me, if a seller is not willing to put a bunch of high definition photos online, and give an excellent description of what they are selling for all the world to see, I assume, right or wrong, that they are hiding something, and I just do not waste my time. I am sure that I am not the only one that has this view.

hey Steve McMahan, I put the engine in a 69 mach 1 that originally had a winsor engine with fmx auto. My son has convinced me not to sell the engine. I bought a stall converter to hopefully remedy the engine wanting to die when put in gear. I had a winsor HO i was going to install but guess not. Sorry for placeing ad notice before fully decited.
Hey, can you update this post?

I'm confident this is/was a scam post. It's loaded with red flags.....misspelled simple words, saying 30 over instead of the commonly understood ".030 over", listing major downgrades as if they were upgrades ("crome valve covers", "crome flex fan", "new holly carb", "HEI dist". None of it rings authentic to me.

If you're going to post something like this on a specialized forum, a picture or two and a bit more info isn't asking too much. His original post and title are vague enough to hint at selling an entire '71 Boss 351... not just an engine. Misspellings aside, the initial post seemed a little sketchy, so everyone was immediately suspicious, as is normal when someone joins and posts something to sell with no other interaction - especially, a 'Holy Grail' item like a B351 engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back