71 Boss 351

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's really what he describes , that's quite a find .

The seller says " I am only considering selling this car, but it will not be cheap, so do not waste my time, or yours."

That after posting just two pictures and no portion of the VIN#, I think people are wasting their time bidding. Good story though, mice urinated on it causing surface rust on the door ledges is a new one.

Interesting as it is an unrestored '71 Boss 351 that doesn't appear to have been screwed about with in the last 40 years.

Hard enough to find that with any version of our cars.

-Kurt

What's interesting is that the bid is up to 20K based upon two photos and a statement it's a Boss with only 10,673 miles. If it really is as described 50K would be a steal but...

The hood blackout looks too glossy for original. Hmmm.

Someone posted this car before on here. I remember the rust around the bottom of the windows.

Ray

Someone posted this car before on here. I remember the rust around the bottom of the windows.

Ray
It's properly dull. The car is soaking wet in the second photo.

Good candidate for a polish-up job and nothing else.

-Kurt

Ray
It's properly dull. The car is soaking wet in the second photo.

Good candidate for a polish-up job and nothing else.

-Kurt

Oh I see. Good catch Kurt! Thanks.

Ray

They added more pics. It's a time capsule that will need a lot of work to get it back to original.

-jbojo
WOW the original two photos and write up sure were misleading. Not sure why they're not providing photos of date stamps, part numbers and Vin#'s since it's being sold as an unmolested Boss.

The original ad only had these two photos which didn't really represent it's real condition. Glad to see he added the additional photos so people get a better ideal of what they're voting on.

21.jpg$_57.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW the original two photos and write up sure were misleading. Not sure why they're not providing photos of date stamps, part numbers and Vin#'s since it's being sold as an unmolested Boss.
Rough, yes. Curious wording, yes.

Nevertheless, there's nothing in those new photos to doubt that it is a low-mileage Boss 351 barn find. Looks mostly untouched and original to me, if rough in spots.

The cowl and hood are shot for sure, but does it really matter to die-hard Boss collectors? Snapping up rough - but original - cars is a bit of a trend now, after all.

-Kurt

Looks legit to me, if I were going to buy it, I would certainly go look in person though.

Hopefully we'll see where the reserve is set at... I'm a modifier (a tasteful modifier:D), but if I stepped near that car I would make it as original as humanly possible...just sayin' What a sweet car!

John

Last edited by a moderator:
High bid is 30K now ! Too bad it was just forgotten about for so long .

Back