71 custom build

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love to see it complete. Hurry up Ray lol.

Thanks guys, not had much time to give her lately Anglo, still bogged down with tweaking body work, brake plumbing, other stuff that doesn't show much in progress. I've worked that rear panel over a few times trying to get it right. Been only getting about 6 hours a week in it lately.

I hear you buddy. It takes what it takes.

Hey guys, I haven't posted in a while. Just a little update. I ordered a mess of parts so I can begin reassembly. Seat upholstery kit, weatherstrip kit, rubber bumper kit, screw & fastener kit,& a carpet kit. Also because of the narrowed room on core support due to the challenger headlights, I ordered an aluminum 3 core radiator for a 67-70 , 5.0 conversion which has the outlet on drivers side and is 23" wide so fits my area. I'll post pics of the goodies when they come in. Lots of eye candy, lol.

Today is my 2 year anniversary on this forum. I am a bit disappointed in my progress at this time but hope to get on it more soon. Although progress has been slow lately , I've been accumulating parts. Just ordered tin man subframe connectors, pantera electronics LED brake , tail , and LED sequential turn signal replacement panels. Got in my carpet, weatherstripping, Radiator, cooling fan . Waiting on misc , and interior upholstety kit. Thank you all for your support in following my build. I will be beginning the final assembly process soon. It's time to decide finally on the color. Been my plan to do grabber blue but off and on have considered alternatives like yellow, Wimbledon white with grabber blue inserts like the sprint package and black. I would appreciate any opinions on the color if anyone is willing to share. I need to decide so I can start feathering in color as needed during assembly. I hope a few of you will please chime in. Thanks guys.

Light colors exaggerate the size of a vehicle

Dark colors are hard to keep clean and hide nothing in the bodywork in my experience.

I think a Two tone using yellow and black could be used to really make that thing look wicked, but a bright neon green might be the ticket for something this weird and wonderful

image.jpegThis is a pic of the seat that came with my 71 mach1 . The buckets were gold so from a different car . A lot of the parts I found when I got the car were not for it but from other cars the guy had. Can someone please identify this rear seat . Is it from a coupe or a different year all together, or did any of the Machs have this kind of seat, thanks

Machs and sportroofs had very thin and small rear seats unique to that body style. Convertibles had a thinner smaller rear seat back also unique to that body style.

What you have looks like a 70 deluxe couple rear seat based on the covering and size.

Thanks for your response. Do you know if the 1971 coupe seat would be the same or similar but with different upholstery.?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your response. Do you know if the 1971  coupe seat would be the same or similar but with different upholstery.?
I doubt its same as 7173 coupe. The frame may be the same as the 64-67 coupe though. I'm not sure if Ford changed the rear coupe seat at all from 64-70.

Hey great news Ray. Looking forward to more

Back