71 - Elenour conversion

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse)
67 GT S-Code 4sp
I think the upper quarter vents are too much. I also really thought I'd like the little spoiler 'flip' on the edge of the trunk lid - but actually, not so much from the rear. Everything else - not too bad, I suppose. Except...

... I think trying to take a completely different car/model and attempt to make it 'just like' another car/model is a disaster waiting to happen. For instance, no matter how many whale tails and fender extensions you add-on, you can't turn a VW Beetle into a Porsche 911, or a Chevy Vega into a Camaro, etc. It all just winds up looking weird, out-of-place, and disproportional. The '67 & '71 Mustangs are so different in appearance, it just doesn't look good tacking on styling cues from a '67 movie car.

Now, if it were a '69 Mustang... those things might fit better and look a LOT cooler.

You know, I'm actually wondering what all that "Eleanor Wanna-Be" stuff would look like on a Mustang II hatchback (probably a LOT cooler than it looks on this one). :whistling:

Lose the chev engine... a little tamer on the rear spoiler look and this is a nice build IMO.

Yup, the duck tail is definitely too high. A little less of that and maybe tone down the hump in the hood a little. It's not bad at all it's just that the lines don't flow.

That's one of the reasons the GT500 Eleanor worked so well. It looked like it was always meant to look like it did. That's the genius of Mr Foose.

This looks like a car with stuff added to it.

It could be much worse but it doesn't look and feel right.

I have a skightly skewed view of the "Elenors". To me, if I had made those movies, I would have used different cars! FIRSTLY, in the original movie, I would have used a Boss 351 or, at least Mach 1 dressed movie cars. I mean, the Elenor car was supposed to be a badass car worth stealing right? I know later models( 72-73s ) were even used during stunt scenes so as long as you're dressing up cars to look like another car, make it the top of the line performance model.

As for the newer re-make of the movie.....again, a '67 Shelby would have been WAY more kick-ass than the custom mustang they came up with, ( which I personally have never really liked ).

However, that opinion being said, the '71-'73 body " '67 elenor-ized" is interesting, just not my cup o' meat.
spacer.png
[/i]

IMG_3180.JPG

ITEM_6-K-7_1971_MUSTANG_MACH-1_Medium_Yellow_Gold_5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on! A BB chevy!! :huh:
I know! Ford purposely built the '71-'73s to accommodate the scheduled 429, so a Motorsport 460+ engine SHOULD have been a no-brainer. Some Chevy guys need to get more educated. ( Did I phrase that nice enough?)

Oh, I found a photo of the President and Vice-President of the Chevy Club.

hqdefault.jpg

I have a skightly skewed view of the "Elenors". To me, if I had made those movies, I would have used different cars! FIRSTLY, in the original movie, I would have used a Boss 351 or, at least Mach 1 dressed movie cars. I mean, the Elenor car was supposed to be a badass car worth stealing right? I know later models( 72-73s ) were even used during stunt scenes so as long as you're dressing up cars to look like another car, make it the top of the line performance model.

As for the newer re-make of the movie.....again, a '67 Shelby would have been WAY more kick-ass than the custom mustang they came up with, ( which I personally have never really liked ).

However, that opinion being said, the '71-'73 body " '67 elenor-ized" is interesting, just not my cup o' meat.
spacer.png
[/i]
Agree. My brother in '74 after graduating college with his first purchase. This with a 427 medium riser. Set him back $4,700...

Get rid of bowtie engine for sure!

Agree on the rear spoiler/duck tail. Way way too big and out of proportion. 67/68 cougar taillights, although cool on the 67/68 don't go with this car. Should have at least lost the chrome grilles or used 69/70 cougar taillights without the chrome or even fitted 7173 cougar taillights in for something different but in the same vein.

Lastly I hate these cheap looking LED or whatever they are small/mini driving lights. They cheapen the whole look. Even on the original Elenour.

As pointed out already front fenders have been chopped. I like the modified console and center gauge pod and hood scoop.

I think other than what I pointed out above it's very well don't for a restomod type car.

I'm out... it looks like an abortion to me..... and I agree 100% with Spike Morelli

I like the full frame chassis but, the rest of the build I could do without. Just my opinion. Chuck

Back