71 Fold Down Seat Tray Install Detail

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
70 Maverick Grabber w/351W & Toploader
71 Mach 1 w/ 429 & T56
Hi Guys -

I'm looking for some detail related to how to install the tray portion of my fold down rear seats. Not sure if I'm referring to it correctly, but the "tray" I'm referring to is the flat rectangular portion that sits right behind the fold down seat and in front of the trap door. In particular, how does it attach to the floor? My car originally did not have a fold down seat arrangement ( I converted it to a fold down) and I'm thinking I may have missed welding in some standoffs (maybe) for the tray to bolt down to??

Any pics/advice would be appreciated.

Marc

If I recall, it screws to two brackets on the front of the bottom mount for the trapdoor and the back of both rear seat hinges. There are no separate mounts on the floor.

The front edge screws to clips on the seat back lower hinges (not the long upper chrome hinge). The rear screws to tabs that are part of the fold down trap door hinge arrangement. The screws are Philips heads with a countersink type washer. The tray (load floor) have holes in it where the screws pass through. You will need to punch/cut holes in the carpet at the hole locations for the screws to pass through.
Here are some photos that may help. Left, the seat back hinges showing the tabs with clips, middle, screw location to seat hinge passenger side (driver same location other side). Right, screw passenger side rear next to trap door that folds into trunk (driver same location other side).

.IMG_1711[1].JPGIMG_1712[1].JPGIMG_1713[1].JPG

Got it...thanks guys, I think I have the info I need. I was thinking there had to be something in the middle somewhere between the trap door frame and the seat hinges. Guess not and that's good!

Back